• In his 19 years as a full-time assistant coach, his teams have 19 winning seasons, have been to 19 bowl games and have won 10+ games 14 times.
• National defensive coordinator-of-the-year by FootballScoop in 2014.
• One of 40 nominees for the 2014 Broyles Award.
• His 2014 defense led the nation in total defense (260.8), pass efficiency defense (98.3), first downs allowed (185), third-down conversion percentage defense (27.4) and tackles for loss (131), while being in the top five in many other statistical categories. He also coached linebacker Stephone Anthony, who was a Butkus Award semifinalist and First-Team All-ACC selection.
• His 2013 defense, which was 24th in the nation in scoring defense and 25th in total defense, led the nation in tackles for loss (122). He also coached All-ACC linebackers Spencer Shuey and Anthony.
• Named one of the top-25 recruiters in the nation in 2013 by Rivals.com.
• Named one of the top-50 recruiters in the nation in 2013 by 247Sports.com.
• Named one of the top-10 recruiters in the ACC in 2013 by Rivals.com.
• His 2012 defense held opponents to just 34.0 percent on third down, 24th-best in the nation.
• A big reason Clemson was co-champion of the ACC Atlantic Division and won 11 games in 2012.
• Coached 13 years (1999-11) at Oklahoma and three years (1996-98) at Kansas State. He was also a graduate assistant coach at Kansas State for three seasons (1993-95).
• Served as co-defensive coordinator at Oklahoma (1999-03) and defensive coordinator at Oklahoma (2004-11).
• Linebackers under his direction were named Big 12 Defensive Player-of-the-Year five times and Big 12 Defensive Newcomer-of-the-Year five times. He also coached two Butkus Award winners and two other Butkus Award finalists.
• In 2008, his defense was in the top three in nearly every Big 12 defensive category despite facing 11 of the top-50 scoring offenses in the nation.
• Broyles Award finalist in 2006 when Oklahoma led the Big 12 in total defense and scoring defense.
• Oklahoma was first in the nation in total defense, first in passing defense, second in pass efficiency defense, third in scoring defense and fifth in turnover margin in 2003.
• His 2002 defense was in the top 10 in the nation in scoring defense, passing defense and total defense.
• His 2001 defense was fourth in the nation in scoring defense, fourth in total defense, fifth in pass effiency defense and seventh in rushing defense.
• Owns a National Championship ring as co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Oklahoma in 2000.
• As a player at Kansas State, he was Honorable Mention All-Big Eight in 1992 with 124 tackles. He was also an All-American at Garden City (Kan.) Community College who recorded 276 career tackles.
Played two seasons (1989,90) at Garden City (Kan.) Community College ... lettered two times as a linebacker at Kansas State (1991,92).
Graduated from Kansas State in 1992.
Born Dec. 18, 1970 ... he and his wife, Julie, have two sons, Jake and Tyler, and two daughters, Laney and Addie.