Game Information vs. Louisiana Tech:
Who: Clemson Tigers (6-2) at Louisiana Tech Lady Techsters (4-3)
When: Monday, Dec. 4 at 6:30 p.m. CT (7:30 p.m. ET)
Where: Thomas Assembly Center, Ruston, La.
Live Stats: LaTechSports.com
Follow: Twitter & Instagram: @ClemsonWBB
- The Tigers are 6-2 after a 66-30 win over Charleston Southern on Dec. 2 at Littlejohn Coliseum.
- The game against Louisiana Tech will be the Tigers’ third in five days, as the team defeated Nebraska in an exciting 67-66 road win on Nov. 30 in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
- The Clemson defense was stellar against the Buccaneers, holding them to just 30 points on 10-for-55 (18.2%) from field goal range, while blocking six shots and forcing 17 turnovers.
- Alexis Carter led 11 different Tigers in the scoring column with 12 points against Charleston Southern. Carter’s 12 points were scored on a perfect 12-for-12 performance from the free-throw line. With that performance, she tied the Clemson record for perfect free throw games, joining Itoro Umoh who was 12-for-12 against North Carolina on Feb. 1, 1998.
- In the win over the Cornhuskers on Nov. 30, junior point guard Danielle Edwards bested her previous career-high by 10 points, going off for 33 points in 33 minutes in Lincoln. Edwards shot 9-for-15 (60%) from field goal range, including 5-for-9 (55.6%) from three-point range, and was also a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line.
- Defensively, the Clemson team currently ranks first in the ACC and second in the nation in field goal percentage defense (.309). The Tigers are also first in the ACC and fifth in the nation in scoring defense (49.6).
- As a team, the Tigers are shooting a solid 71% (115-for-162) from the free throw line, but in the past two games, they have been even more impressive, at 80.9% (38-47).
- Edwards leads the Tigers in scoring with an 11.8 points per game average, and is also the team leader in steals (2.9 per game) and assists (1.6 per game). Edwards 23 steals on the season place her at second in the Atlantic Coast Conference and 24th in the nation.
- Sophomore Kobi Thornton is the leader on the glass with 7.5 rebounds per game, while freshman Tylar Bennett has 18 blocked shots for a 2.3 per game average, a figure which ranks second in the ACC and 25th in the nation.
- The Lady Techsters have a 3-1 all-time advantage against Clemson, however, the Tigers won the most recent meeting in overtime by a score of 78-67, just over a year ago on Nov. 22, 2016 at Littlejohn Coliseum. Nelly Perry (23), Aliyah Collier (18) and Kobi Thornton (10) each scored in double figures in the contest.