Game Information vs. Prairie View A&M:
Who: Prairie View A&M Panthers (2-5) at Clemson Tigers (7-2)
When: Friday, Dec. 8 at 7 p.m.
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum, Clemson, S.C.
Watch: ACC Network Extra
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com
Follow: Twitter & Instagram: @ClemsonWBB
- The Tigers are 7-2 and are coming off of a stretch of three wins in five days (W, 67-66 at Nebraska on Nov. 30, W, 66-30 vs. Charleston Southern on Dec. 2, W, 55-47 at La. Tech on Dec. 4).
- Through nine games and as of Dec. 6, 2017, the Tigers are ranked first in the nation (and the ACC) in field goal percentage defense (30.7) and first in the ACC and fourth in the nation in scoring defense (49.3).
- In the win at Nebraska on Nov. 30, junior point guard Danielle Edwards bested her previous career-high by 10 points, going off for 33 points in 33 minutes in Lincoln. Edwards shot 9-for-15 (60%) from field goal range, including 5-for-9 (55.6%) from three-point range, and was also a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line.
- In the win over Charleston Southern on Dec. 2, Alexis Carter led 11 different Tigers in the scoring column with 12 points. Carter’s 12 points were scored on a perfect 12-for-12 performance from the free-throw line. With that performance, she tied the Clemson record for perfect free throw games, joining Itoro Umoh who was 12-for-12 against North Carolina on Feb. 1, 1998.
- Edwards leads the Clemson team in scoring with an 11.9 points per game average. She is also the team leader in steals (31 for 3.44 per game) and assists (16 for 1.8 per game).
- Edwards’ 31 steals rank second in the ACC and 11th in the nation, while her 3.44 steals per game average is second in the league and 17th in the nation.
- Sophomore Kobi Thornton is the Tigers’ leader on the glass with 7.6 rebounds per game. Thornton’s 68 rebounds rank 11th in the ACC, while her 7.6 rebounds per game are 13th in the conference.
- Freshman Tylar Bennett has 19 blocked shots for a 2.1 blocked shots per game average. Those figures place her in fourth among all players in the Atlantic Coast Conference in both categories.
- Friday’s meeting will be the first ever between Clemson and Prairie View A&M in women’s basketball.