Tigers Travel to Tallahassee to Face Florida State Saturday
CLEMSON (13-6, 4-3 ACC) vs. FLORIDA STATE (13-7, 4-4 ACC)
Tipoff: 3:05 p.m.
Arena: Tucker Center (12,100)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPN2 (Mark Jones-pbp; Sean Farnham-color)
- Clemson has dropped its last two games after getting off to a 4-1 start in the ACC; the Tigers lost to Florida State in an earlier meeting this season, 56-41.
- Florida State is also coming off two straight losses; the 'Noles lost at Duke, 78-56, and at NC State, 74-70.
- In the first meeting between the two teams, the Tigers shot just 30 percent and committed a season-high 18 turnovers.
CU Series W-L record: Florida State leads 35-28
Streak: Florida State has won the last five meetings
- Florida State's five-game winning streak is the longest by either team in the series since the Seminoles won five in a row from 1994-96.
- Clemson's last win over Florida State came at Littlejohn Coliseum, a 79-59 victory to open the 2011-12 ACC regular season.
- The last Tiger win in Tallahassee came in 2009-10, when Oliver Purnell's final team won 53-50 behind a 19-point, 11-rebound outing by Trevor Booker.
- Last season in Tallahassee, Clemson saw a double-digit lead slip away and Michael Snaer banked in a three at the buzzer to break a 57-57 tie and give FSU one of several last-second victories.
- Saturday's matchup pits the ACC's top two teams in terms of blocked shots per game: Clemson (6.26) is first, followed closely by Florida State (6.20).
- Junior forward K.J. McDaniels is believed to be the ONLY player in the nation leading his team in scoring, rebounding, blocks, steals and three-pointers.
- McDaniels is the only player in the ACC that ranks in the top 10 in scoring, rebounding, field goal percentage, free throw percentage and blocks.