CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson volleyball program will play host to the 23rd annual Big Orange Bash this weekend. The Tigers (1-2) will take on South Carolina (3-0) Friday at 7:00 pm, Winthrop (4-0) Saturday at 10:00 am, and Furman (0-4) on Saturday at 6:00 pm. All matches are free to the public, and all Clemson matches will be broadcast live for free on TigerCast at ClemsonTigers.com.
This will be the 59th meeting between the Tigers and Gamecocks all-time, with South Carolina holding a 36-22 advantage. Clemson has series leads over Winthrop (23-13) and Furman (36-2).
For Saturday’s matches, some of which will take place during the football game in Memorial Stadium, fans are encouraged to park in the general areas. IPTAY lots will NOT be available for volleyball parking. You can find out more about where to park HERE.
- Fri. - Luau! The first 1,000 fans will receive leis
- Sat. - Bring your football ticket to the 6:00 pm match for your chance to win a prize
- Throughout the weekend, the “Best Seats in the House” will be debuted, and fans will have the chance to sit in this special area based on a raffle before each match.
- 4:30 pm: Winthrop v. Furman
- 7:00 pm: Clemson v. South Carolina
- 10:00 am: Clemson v. Winthrop
- 12:00 pm: South Carolina v. Furman
- 4:00 pm: South Carolina v. Winthrop
- 6:00 pm: Clemson v. Furman
Notes (in 140 characters or less):
- This is the 37th volleyball season at Clemson; The All-time record sits at 772-500
- The #Tigers were picked to finish 8th in the ACC by the league’s head coaches
- Mo Simmons (@Mo_Money22) is @ClemsonVB’s leading returning attacker at 3.17 kills per set. She was 7th in #ACCVB last year
- Mo was the only ACC player to average more than three kills and three digs per set last season; She’s on the preseason All-ACC team in 2013
- Karis Watson enjoyed a breakout weekend, hitting .311 and averaging 2.7 kills and 1.1 blocks per set
- Simmons & Watson were named to the Xavier Invitational All-Tourney Team
- Hannah Brenner ranks 6th in Clemson history with 2,878 career set assists, and 4th with a 9.22 per set average
- Clemson boasts a diverse roster that includes players from four countries and six states; SC (4) and Ohio (3) are most common
- Kristin Faust has been cleared to play after recovering from a torn ACL during spring workouts. She is one of team’s top passers, and played hitter & libero in Cincy
- Clemson played five newcomers during the first weekend: Irem Bayramoglu, Leah Perri, Beta Dumancic, Niki Collier and Sydney Moseley each made their debuts
- Furman head coach Michelle Young played setter for Jolene Hoover at Clemson from 1994-97.
- Three of the top six setters in Clemson history will be involved in the Clemson-Furman Matchup.
- Kelsey Murphy (2nd, 5,185), Michelle Thieke Young (3rd, 4,305), and Hannah Brenner (6th, 2,878) will all be in the building