Clemson vs. South Florida Postgame Notes Littlejohn Coliseum - Clemson, SC November 13, 2012
Team Notes * The Lady Tigers are now 10-2 all-time following a season-opening loss.
* The Lady Tigers went the first 53:19 on the season without a made three-pointer. Nikki Dixon ended the drought with a make at the 6:41 mark of tonight’s game. Clemson was 0-for-13 on three-pointers on the season before that make and are 5-for-10 from three since.
* The Lady Tigers got their first lead of the season at the 46-second mark in the first half of tonight’s game. However, their lead was short lived as South Florida answered with a basket at the 38-second mark so the Tiger led for just eight seconds in the first half.
* Clemson played in their first overtime game since February 2, 2012 when they defeated Virginia Tech 55-51.
* It is also Clemson’s first overtime game against a non-conference opponent since December 19, 2009 when Clemson defeated Ohio 89-81.
* Clemson had won seven straight overtime games entering tonight’s game. The Lady Tigers last lost in overtime came on February 19, 2006 when the Tigers fell to Florida State 72-80.
* Clemson had four players in double-figure points in tonight’s game. It is the first time since December 4, 2011 when Clemson had four players in double-figure points against Charleston Southern.
Individual Notes * Jonquel Jones recorded career-high 14 points and career-high 14 rebounds in 40 minutes tonight’s game giving her back-to-back double-double games. She is the first Lady Tiger to have back-to-back double-double games since Lele Hardy in 2009 when 13/10 and 21/10 in back-to-back games against Ohio and Wofford respectively.
* Quinyotta Pettaway recorded 14 points and six rebounds while playing a career-high 39 minutes in tonight’s game.
returning customers, please login here.