- In his second tour of duty at Clemson. He served as defensive backs coach under Head Coach Tommy West from 1995-97. He has coached in seven bowl games in his seven years at Clemson.
- A big reason Clemson won the 2011 ACC Championship for the first time in 20 years.
- In 2011, he coached cornerback Coty Sensabaugh, who had 14 passes defended and was drafted by the Titans.
- Clemson was in the top 26 in the nation in pass efficiency defense in 2009 and 2010.
- Coached first-team All-American DeAndre McDaniel in 2009 and 2010. McDaniel led the ACC and was tied for third in the nation in interceptions (8) in 2009. He was also named First-Team All-ACC both seasons.
- Named one of nation's top-25 recruiters by Rivals in 2010.
- Helped Clemson to a top-25 ranking and the ACC Atlantic Division title in 2009. Clemson had 21 interceptions, fifth-most in Tiger history and tied for fifth-most in the nation. Clemson was seventh in the nation in passing defense.
- From 1995-97, he helped the Tigers to three bowl games (1996 Gator, 1996 Peach, 1998 Peach).
- Coached great players in the 1990s at Clemson, including nine-time Pro Bowl selection Brian Dawkins. He was an All-American and led the ACC in interceptions in Harbison's first year at Clemson (1995).
- Came to Clemson from Mississippi State, where he was defensive coordinator and safeties coach. The Bulldogs were seventh in the nation in pass defense and 20th in the nation in pass efficiency defense in 2007.
- Has had two tours of duty at Alabama (1998-00, 2003-06). He helped Alabama to five bowl games in seven total years, including 1999 when the Crimson Tide won the SEC title. Alabama finished ranked #8 in the nation that year. He coached defensive backs in his first tour of duty and wide receivers the second time around at Alabama.
- Coached at Louisiana State under Head Coach Nick Saban in 2001 and 2002. The 2001 team won the SEC title and ranked #7 in the final AP poll with a 10-3 record. Louisiana State played in two bowl games in his two years there.
- Started his coaching career at Gardner-Webb in 1984.
- Has experience coaching in the Arena Football League and World League of American Football.
Played four years as a defensive back at Gardner-Webb (1978-81) and had 11 career interceptions...signed as a free agent with the Buffalo Bills (1982)...played in the USFL in 1983,84.
B.S. degree in business administration from Gardner-Webb in 1995.
Born October 27, 1959...married to the former Tammy McCluney...the couple has four children (Charlie, Stedman, Masai, Msiba).