All prospective dancers must register prior to tryouts by completing a Rally Cat tryout application packet and e-mailing it to Head Coach Summer Rayl by Wednesday, April 15, 2015.
Friday, April 17: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday, April 18: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sunday, April 19: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Who is Eligible:
Full-time students (12+ hours), graduate students and incoming freshmen (with proof of acceptance to Clemson)
Overall, must be a highly versatile dancer.
Three Routines (will be taught to you at tryouts)
Tiger Rag, Jazz Combination, Hip-Hop Combination
- Right/left/middle leaps
- Switch jete
- Switch center*
- Turning disc
- Switch tilt
- Double toe-touch
- Leap combination of your choice
- Lateral/second turns
- Leg hold turn
- Turn combination of your choice
- Right/left/center splits
- Front/side/back extensions
* - Not required, but encouraged for extra points.
Instructional clinic - Pom, Jazz and Hip-Hop dances will be taught. Technical skills and tryout process will be reviewed.
FIRST CUT - Based on Technical Skills and Tiger Rag. SECOND CUT - Based on Jazz and Hip-Hop Combination. Informal interviews to follow.
FINAL CUT - Based on Technical Skills, Tiger Rag, Jazz and Hip-Hop Combinations. Call backs will take place after all finalists have performed in small groups.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Copy of a current physical (within 6 months)
- Proof of Insurance
- Copy of Sickle Cell Test Results *everyone*
- Medical Release Form (in Application Packet)
- Water Bottle
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Crop, fitted dance top
- Dance shorts or pants
- Jazz/dance shoes
- Sweatpants and tennis shoes for hip-hop portion
- Final day - top should be a Clemson color
- Hair down with "gameday makeup"
Please e-mail Head Coach Summer Rayl at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding tryout information.