CLEMSON, S.C. – Diving head coach Leslie Hasselbach Adams was excited to welcome two new signees to the program over the weekend. Emma Ruchala (Tinley Park, Ill.) and Kallie Higgins (Shererville, Ind.) both signed National Letters of Intent and plan to join the Tigers as freshmen in 2017-2018.
Emma Ruchala – Tinley Park, Ill.
High School: Victor J. Andrew High School
Academic Interest: Nursing
USA Diving Club: Windy City Divers
- Trains in Chicago with Susan Brombert
- Qualified for the AT&T USA Diving National Championships during the summer of 2016
- Top 10 finisher in all three events at the summer Junior Olympic Regional Championships, taking fourth on the one-meter
- Attended Synchronized Nationals in the spring of 2016
- Has a younger brother who loves baseball and a younger sister who enjoys dance
- Huge Chicago Bears fan
- Enjoys all aspects of diving, from dryland and practice to competing and traveling
- Three words to describe Emma: dedicated, athletic and positive
Kallie Higgins - Shererville, Ind.
High School: Troy High School
Academic Interest: Psychology
USA Diving Club: Windy City Diving
- Qualified for the AT&T USA Diving National Championships in all three events during the summer of 2016, with her highest finish coming at 12th on the one-meter
- Finalist for her high school state championships and an All-Conference selection
- Has two brothers, Kyle and Keegan
- Hobbies include fishing, boating, exercising, shopping and drawing
- Loves the Seattle Seahawks
- Three words to describe Kallie: dependable, honest and nice