2017 Spirit Squad Youth Clinic Information
Date: Saturday, September 2, 2017 (Clemson vs. Kent. State)
Clinic Time: Registration/Check-In opens at 7:45am. Instruction begins at 8:45am.
Location: Fike Recreation Center- Main Gym
Fee: $55.00 (includes cheer/ dance instruction, t-shirt, breakfast, and snack pack).
Registration Deadline: Monday, August 28, 2017
· This clinic is for ages 5-13.
· There are 200 spots available for the clinic and these spots are available on a first come, first serve basis.
· A confirmation email will be sent once the registration information has been processed.
· This is not a high intensity clinic. It is designed to give your child a great experience.
· Parents are invited to stay in Fike during the clinic.
· Participants will walk in the parade that begins approximately 1 hour prior to kickoff. Participants will be picked up at the conclusion of the parade.
· No refunds will be given once the registration is processed.
· There will be no on-field performance.
7:45am – Registration Begins in Fike Recreation Center (Main Gym)
8:45am – Welcome/Warm Up
9:00am– Instruction (Motions, Cheers, Tiger Rag Dance, and Jumps/Leaps)
10:20am – Showcase (parents invited to take pictures/video)
10:45am – Line up and walk to parade staging
11:00am – Parade
11:30am – Meet for Dismissal (location TBD)
12:00pm – Kickoff
· Discounted game tickets will not be available this year. Ticket information (pricing and availability) will be emailed out when the single game tickets are available for purchase.
· If you need handicap seating please call the ticket office at 1-800-CLEMSON.
All participants will be part of the pre-game parade which begins at the top of Fort Hill Street. This parade route comes down Fort Hill Street, turns right onto Williamson Road and then left onto Avenue of Champions, going beside the stadium on the north side. The participants will walk with the Clemson Cheerleaders and Rally Cats and perform the cheers they learned during the clinic.
The parent showcase will begin at 10:20am in Fike (Main Gym). Participants will perform the cheers and dance they learned with their group. This is a great time for photos and videos.
Dismissal of Clinic Participants
· All clinic participants will be dismissed after the parade. The pickup location will be included in the confirmation email.
· No participant will be dismissed until all participants are at the pick up location.
· In order to ensure the safety of your child, the spirit squad group leaders will check your wristband (that you receive at registration) to make sure you are the guardian who is approved to pick up your child.
· Do not attempt to get your child during the parade. This is for your child's safety!
Each participant will receive a t-shirt (price included in registration fee). Additional t-shirts can be purchased for $10 each. If you do not receive a t-shirt at the clinic, a shirt will be mailed to you. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive the t-shirt.
Bagels and fruit will be available for participants during registration. All participants will receive a snack bag after the parade. It is recommended that all participants bring a water bottle (water will be provided).
All participants will meet at Fike Recreation Center during the registration period. Please see the campus map for further details: http://www.clemson.edu/campus-map/
The Participant pick up location will be at Littlejohn Coliseum. This will occur at the conclusion of the parade.
Participants are encouraged to wear supportive tennis shoes and an orange top or a cheerleading outfit. The t-shirt given out during registration is a souvenir and is not mandatory to wear during the clinic or parade.
Yes, video cameras are allowed.
Parents of participants may not park their cars near Fike Recreation Center (unless you have a valid pass for that area) or drive to Fike and drop off their child. Please adhere to all parking regulations. Cars will be towed at the owner's expense if parked in a restricted area.
Parking options will be provided in the confirmation email.
For additional information, please contact:
Spirit Program Coordinator