Game Information vs. Jacksonville State:
Who: Jacksonville State Gamecocks (6-3) at Clemson Tigers (8-2)
When: Sunday, Dec. 17 at 2 p.m.
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum, Clemson, S.C.
Watch: ACC Network Extra
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com
Follow: Twitter & Instagram: @ClemsonWBB
- Sunday’s contest is the Tigers’ annual Holiday Hoops game.
- The first 400 fans in attendance will receive a free “Ugly Holiday Sweater” t-shirt.
- There will be holiday activities for families during pregame, and Santa Claus will make an appearance at halftime.
- The Tigers are 8-2 and are coming off of a 64-58 win over Prairie View A&M on Dec. 8 at Littlejohn Coliseum, followed by a nine-day break from games during Clemson University’s exam week.
- Through 10 games and as of games through Dec. 15, 2017, the Tigers are ranked first in the Atlantic Coast Conference and fourth in the nation in two defensive categories: scoring defense (50.2) and field goal percentage defense (31.4%).
- Clemson defeated Nebraska 67-66 on Nov. 30 in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge. Against the Cornhuskers, junior point guard Danielle Edwards bested her previous career-high by 10 points, going off for 33 points in 33 minutes in Lincoln. The Perry Hall, Md. native shot 9-for-15 (60%) from field goal range, including 5-for-9 (55.6%) from three-point range, and was also a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line.
- Edwards leads the Clemson team in scoring with an 11.7 points per game average. She is also the team leader in steals (34 for 3.4 per game) and assists (18 for 1.8 per game).
- Edwards’ 3.4 steal per game rank second in the ACC and 12th in the nation, while her 34 steals are third in the league and 11th in the nation.
- Edwards leads the ACC and ranks 24th nationally in free throw percentage, at .889 (32-for-26).
- Sophomore Kobi Thornton is the Tigers’ rebounding leader with 7.8 boards per game. Her 78 rebounds and 7.8 per game figure both rank ninth among all ACC players.
- Freshman Tylar Bennett has 21 blocked shots for a 2.1 blocked shots per game average, while Thornton has 19 for 1.9 per game. Bennett is fourth in the conference in both categories, while Thornton is fifth in blocked shots per game and seventh in total blocks.
- Sunday’s meeting will be just the second between Clemson and Jacksonville State in women’s basketball.
- The two teams squared off for the first time a season ago in Jacksonville, Ala. and the Tigers came out on top, 69-63, after finishing the game on a 23-4 run to erase a 13-point fourth-quarter deficit and win by six.
- Aliyah Collier led the way against the Gamecocks, finishing with a double-double with 19 points and 10 rebounds, including scoring 11 points in the Tigers’ fourth quarter comeback.