Game Information vs. Nebraska:
Who: Clemson Tigers (4-2) at Nebraska Cornhuskers (4-2)
When: Thursday, Nov. 30 at 7 p.m. CT (8 p.m. ET)
Where: Pinnacle Bank Arena, Lincoln, Neb.
Watch: Big Ten Network Plus
Live Stats: Huskers.com
Follow: Twitter & Instagram: @ClemsonWBB
- Clemson is 4-2 after going 1-1 in the San Juan Shootout in Daytona Beach, Fla. last week. The Tigers defeated Detroit Mercy 72-44 on Thursday, Nov. 23 before falling to Buffalo 61-41 on Thursday, Nov. 24.
- Thursday’s game at Nebraska begins a stretch of three games in five days for the Tigers, who host Charleston Southern on Saturday, Dec. 2 and face Louisiana Tech on the road on Monday, Dec. 4.
- On Nov. 19, the Tigers defeated Monmouth in a dramatic, come-from-behind 57-54 victory at Littlejohn Coliseum. Clemson trailed the Hawks by five points with 24 seconds remaining in game, and scored eight points in the final 20 seconds to come from behind to win by three. The finish made SportCenter’s Top 10 plays on Nov. 20.
- The Clemson team currently leads the ACC and is ranked third in the nation in field goal percentage defense (31.0). The Tigers also lead the ACC in scoring defense at 50.2 points per game, a figure that ranks sixth nationally.
- Junior Aliyah Collier led the Tigers in scoring and rebounding against Buffalo, posting 11 points and eight rebounds against the Bulls.
- Freshman Destiny Thomas posted a career-high 12 points to lead Clemson against Detroit Mercy. Twelve different Tigers scored in the game against the Titans.
- Sophomore Kobi Thornton and junior Danielle Edwards are averaging 8.7 and 8.5 points per game to lead the Tigers in scoring.
- Collier has pulled down 6.7 rebounds per game and Thornton is close behind with a 6.5 rebounds per game average to lead the team on the glass.
- Edwards tallied an impressive nine steals on Nov. 13 against South Carolina State, tying the Clemson school record for steals in a single game. Edwards is now one of five Tigers all-time to record nine steals in a game, a feat which was last accomplished 30 years ago by Ramona O’Neal against Virginia on Feb. 14, 1987.
- Freshman Tylar Bennett has a team-best 15 blocked shots on the season, an average of 2.5 per game. Both of those figures are best among Atlantic Coast Conference players, and are in the top 28 in the nation.
Series & Big Ten/ACC Challenge Information:
- Clemson and Nebraska have met just once previously, during the 1984-85 season. On Nov. 24, 1984, the Tigers defeated the Cornhuskers by a score of 99-84 in the championship game of the Nebraska Invitational in Lincoln, Neb.
- This is Clemson’s first appearance in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge since the 2012-13 season, and is the Tigers’ first appearance in the event under fifth-year head coach Audra Smith.
- The Clemson program is 2-4 all-time in Big Ten/ACC Challenge games, dating back to the first year of the annual challenge in 2007-08.