Game Information vs. Charleston Southern:
Who: Charleston Southern Buccaneers (2-3) at Clemson Tigers (5-2)
When: Saturday, Dec. 2 at 2 p.m.
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum, Clemson, S.C.
Watch: ACC Network Extra
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com
Follow: Twitter & Instagram: @ClemsonWBB
- The Tigers are 5-2 and coming off of a thrilling 67-66 road win over Nebraska in Lincoln, Neb. on Nov. 30 in the annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
- In the win over the Cornhuskers, junior point guard Danielle Edwards bested her previous career-high by 10 points, going off for 33 points in 33 minutes in Lincoln. Edwards shot 9-for-15 (60%) from field goal range, including 5-for-9 (55.6%) from three-point range, and was also a perfect 10-for-10 from the free throw line.
- Edwards’ 33 points totaled 49.3% of the Tigers’ points in the game, a figure that is tied for sixth in school history for highest scoring percentage of the team’s total points. She is tied with teammate Nelly Perry, who scored 33 points out of Clemson’s 67 against Boston College on Feb. 18, 2016.
- Edwards’ free-throw shooting performance was just the eighth time in Clemson history that a player shot 100% from the free-throw line in a single game, when making 10 or more free throws.
- As a team, the Tigers shot an impressive 88% (22-for-25) from the free throw line.
- Defensively, Clemson forced Nebraska to commit 26 turnovers, and had a 28-13 advantage in points off turnovers in the game. Junior Aliyah Collier had five steals in the game, while Edwards picked up four. Sophomore Kobi Thornton blocked three Nebraska shots in the contest.
- Clemson currently leads the ACC and ranks 11th in the nation in scoring defense, allowing teams to score just 52.4 points per game. The Tigers are second in the league and 10th in the nation in field goal percentage defense, holding their opponents to just 32.7% in field goal shooting.
- Saturday’s game vs. Charleston Southern is the second in a stretch of three games in five days for the Tigers, who also travel to Ruston, La. to face Louisiana Tech on the road on Monday, Dec. 4.
- The Tigers own a 13-1 all-time advantage in the series against the Buccaneers.
- The two teams met most recently to open the season two years ago, on Nov. 13, 2015. Clemson won that game by a score of 43-36. It was the first-career game for then-freshman Danielle Edwards, who led the Tigers with a 13-point, 11-rebound double-double in her collegiate debut.