Who: Belmont Abbey Crusaders at Clemson Tigers
When: Sunday, Nov. 5 at 5 p.m.
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum, Clemson, S.C.
Admission: Free (Admission is free to exhibition games.)
Follow: Twitter & Instagram: @ClemsonWBB
- The 5 p.m. tipoff for Clemson vs. Belmont Abbey is a change from the originally-announced time of 2 p.m. The game between the Tigers and Crusaders follows the 12:30 p.m. exhibition game between the Clemson and Tennessee men’s basketball teams at Littlejohn Coliseum at 12:30 p.m.
- Admission is free for both Clemson basketball games on Sunday, while fans are encouraged to make donations at the game which will benefit the Salvation Army’s continued hurricane relief efforts in both Florida and Texas.
- The Tigers are coming off a 67-39 win over North Greenville in an exhibition game on Oct. 29 at Littlejohn Coliseum.
- Junior Danielle Edwards led the Tigers with 13 points against NGU, and was one assist away from a double-double, with nine in the contest.
- Sophomore Kobi Thornton was second on the team in scoring with 12 points on a 5-for-7 field goal shooting performance, while pulling down six rebounds.
- The Tigers return 10 letterwinners, including four out of five starters, from the 2016-17 team, and also return redshirt junior Francesca Tagliapietra, who will be back on the court for the in 2017-18 after missing the previous two seasons due to injury.
- Clemson is coming off of a 2016-17 season in which the team made dramatic improvements, winning 11 more games than the previous season to finish the year with a 15-16 record, including a win over Virginia Tech in the first round of the 2017 ACC Tournament, the program’s first ACC tournament win since the 2014 season.
- The Tigers were 11-2 in nonconference play in 2016-17, which was the program’s best nonconference record since 2003-04. The team’s only two nonconference losses came to top-25 teams (No. 6 South Carolina and No. 25 Oregon).