Who: No. 18/18 Virginia Tech (14-0, 1-0 ACC) at Clemson Tigers (11-4, 0-2 ACC)
When: Sunday, Jan. 8 at 2 p.m.
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum, Clemson, S.C.
TV: ACC Network Extra, William Qualkinbush & Kelly Gramlich (http://es.pn/2j5m9Pn)
Radio: WCCP, William Qualkinbush & Kelly Gramlich (http://bit.ly/1NT0HAo)
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com (http://statb.us/b/145255)
Follow: Twitter & Instagram @ClemsonWBB
- Clemson (11-4, 0-2 ACC) is coming off of an 88-62 loss to Syracuse at Littlejohn Coliseum on Thursday, Jan. 5. Sophomore Aliyah Collier scored a career-best 25 points in the contest, to go along with an 11-for-15 shooting performance.
- Junior Nelly Perry leads Clemson in scoring (14.5 ppg), assists (3.4 apg) and minutes played (31.5 mpg). Perry’s scoring average is ranked 14th among Atlantic Coast Conference players.
- Collier leads the team in rebounding (7.1 rpg) and is second in scoring at 11.2 ppg. Collier is shooting .615 (56-for-91) from field goal range, a figure that is third among conference players. Her rebounding numbers are also among the best in the ACC, as she ranks 10th in rebounds per game (7.1) and 12th in defensive rebounds per game (4.6).
- Sophomore Danielle Edwards has started all 15 games for the Tigers at the point guard position and is third on the team in scoring at 9.9 ppg. She leads the team in steals (2.4 spg), a figure which is tied for seventh in the ACC. Edwards’ .820 free throw percentage (41-for-50) is ninth in the conference.
- The Tigers finished nonconference play with an 11-2 record, the program’s best non-conference record since the 2003-04 season.
- Before falling to No. 25 Oregon on Dec. 12, Clemson won its first eight games of the season, the program’s best start since the 1998-99 season.
- Clemson has a 10-9 advantage in the all-time series against Virginia Tech.
- Last season, the Tigers suffered a 79-49 loss to the Hokies on Jan. 18, 2016 in Blacksburg, Va. Nelly Perry scored 23 points in the contest, while Aliyah Collier picked up 10, along with eight rebounds.