CLEMSON, S.C. – The Clemson volleyball team is set to return to Jervey Gym for the first time since Oct. 29 as the Tigers take on Pittsburgh (21-6, 14-2 ACC) Friday evening. Tomorrow’s matchup against the Panthers, who are tied for first place in the ACC standings, is slated for 7 p.m. and will air on ACC Network Extra.
- The Tigers fell at Georgia Tech (17-25, 19-25, 18-25) Wednesday at a packed O’Keefe Gym for senior night.
- The Tigers were led by sophomore outside hitter Kaylin Korte, posted her sixth straight match with double-digit kills … Korte had arguably her best all-around performance of the season against the Yellow Jackets, tallying six digs and 4.0 blocks in addition to her 11 kills.
- Setters Keely Hayes and Caroline Pearson combined for 30 of the Tigers’ 32 assists in Atlanta Wednesday … Hayes totaled 14 in two sets played, while Pearson tallied 16 and had a service ace in two sets played.
- Pittsburgh leads the all-time series, 5-1, against Clemson with the Tigers’ lone triumph coming in a 3-1 win in 1997.
- The Panthers are currently locked in a three-way tie for first place in the ACC with Louisville and NC State, all of which are 14-2 in league play.
- Pittsburgh is the only ACC team to average a .300 hitting percentage against conference foes … Clemson ranks 15th and hitting .112.
- The Panthers are riding a five-match skid with wins over Duke, Wake Forest, Florida State, Miami and Louisville … The Panthers only two conference losses came in back-to-back losses against NC State (1-3) and at Louisville (2-3).
- The Panthers also lead the conference in kills (15.05), opponent kills (11.21), assists per set (14.14.) opponent assist per set (10.65) and opponent digs per set (10.23).
- Sophomore middle blocker Jaden Light accounted for 10.0 of Clemson’s 16.0 blocks at Wake Forest, tied for second-most in a single match in the ACC this season.
- Caroline Pearson’s 57 assists in the Tigers’ opening match of the season against Bethune-Cookman stands the most by a Tiger this season and is tied for ninth-most in a single match by an ACC player this season.
Who: Clemson Tigers (7-22, 2-15 ACC) vs. Pittsburgh Panthers (21-6, 14-2 ACC)
When: Friday, Nov 17 at 7 p.m.
Where: Jervey Gym, Clemson, S.C.
Watch: ACC Network Extra
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com