CLEMSON, S.C. – The Clemson volleyball team (4-3) travels to Auburn, Ala., for the Auburn Invitational, marking the second and final road tournament for the Tigers this season. The one-day tournament commences on Saturday, Sept. 9, as the Tigers take on South Alabama (3-3) at 1 p.m. (ET) and Auburn (5-1) at 7 p.m. (ET). Saturday’s nightcap against Auburn will stream on SEC Network +.
Clemson squares off against South Alabama for the just the fourth time in program history. The Tigers are 2-1 all-time against the Jaguars as the last meeting was held in 1988. Clemson holds the upper hand against Auburn with a 13-4 all-time record with the last meeting held in 2005.
Live stats for Saturday’s contests can be accessed at clemsontigers.com.
- The Tigers are coming off a 1-2 weekend from the Yale Invitational … Clemson fell 3-1 (25-17, 28-30, 17-25, 23-25) to Rhode Island on Friday … The Tigers rebounded in Saturday’s first match against Delaware, blanking the Hens (25-19, 25-23, 25-19), but fell in Saturday’s nightcap against Yale (21-25, 20-25, 20-25).
- Sophomore transfer Kaylin Korte leads the Tigers, averaging 3.72 kills per set, and ranks second on the team digs (2.72 per set) … Korte also leads the Tigers with five block solos on the season.
- The Tigers are 2-2 in three-set matches, 1-1 in four-set matches and 1-0 in five-set matches.
- Clemson is 3-1 in matches when winning the first set.
- As of Sept. 8, Clemson leads the ACC in opponent digs (10.64 per set).
- The Tigers rank second in the ACC in opponent assists, holding opposing teams to just 10.32 assists per set.
- Clemson ranks third in the ACC in opponent kills per set (11.40).
- Up next, Clemson hosts the Clemson Challenge, which will feature Texas Tech, Georgia Southern and South Carolina, before beginning ACC play.