CLEMSON (0-0) vs. WESTERN CAROLINA (0-0)
Date: Friday, November 10
Tipoff: 7:05 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTSN (Don Munson-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACCN Extra (Pete Yanity-pbp; Jim Davis-color)
• Clemson opens the 2017-18 season on Friday against Western Carolina. It marks the first meeting between both programs since the season opener in 2010-11.
• The Tigers return two double-digit scorers from a year ago: Shelton Mitchell (10.8 ppg) and Marcquise Reed (10.0). Elijah Thomas, Donte Grantham and Gabe DeVoe all averaged over 7.0 points per contest.
• Clemson owns a perfect 11-0 record against Western Carolina, including a 10-0 mark in games played in Littlejohn Coliseum.
SERIES HISTORY CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 11-0
Streak: Clemson has won 11 games in a row dating back to the first matchup in 1978-79.
• Donte Grantham and Elijah Thomas were both recognized by CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein. Grantham was named to Rothstein’s “Top 20 Breakout Players”, while Thomas was listed as a “Top 20 Under-The-Radar” player.
• Both Grantham and Marcquise Reed are closing in on 1,000 points this season. Grantham needs 169 points, while Reed needs 142 to eclipse the milestone.
• Mark Donnal is eligible immediately for the Tigers after qualifying as a graduate transfer. Donnal played over 100 games in his career in the Big Ten Conference for Michigan and has played in five NCAA tournament games over the last two seasons.
• Head coach Brad Brownell enters the season just nine wins shy of 300 for his career.
• Clemson will debut eight players who have seen limited or no action in a Tiger uniform during the 2017-18 season.
• The program welcomed four freshman into the fold, including redshirt freshman Anthony Oliver II who enrolled as an early enrollee in January of 2017.