Match Information at NC State
Who: No. 46 Clemson Tigers (8-8, 3-4 ACC) at No. 26 NC State (14-7, 3-5 ACC)
When: Friday, March 31, 3 p.m.
Where: J.W. Isenhour Tennis Center, Raleigh, N.C.
Live Stats: GoPack.com (http://sidearmstats.com/ncsu/wten/xlive.htm)
Match Information at Duke
Who: No. 46 Clemson Tigers (8-8, 3-4 ACC) at No. 17 Duke (11-3, 5-0 ACC)
When: Sunday, April 2, 12 p.m.
Where: Ambler Tennis Stadium, Durham, N.C.
Live Stats: GoDuke.com (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=211539304)
- Clemson (8-8, 3-4 ACC) is coming off of two wins on March 23 in Mt. Pleasant, S.C. The Tigers defeated Marshall 4-2 in a neutral-site match and then downed College of Charleston 4-0 in a road match.
- The Tigers have already faced three opponents ranked in the top six in the nation and four ranked in the top 25 so far this season. The Wolfpack are ranked 26th and the Blue Devils are 17th nationally as of the rankings released on March 28.
- Freshman Constanza Gorches is 10-4 in dual matches and 5-2 in ACC dual matches on the season. The native of Mexico City, Mexico is currently on a seven-match winning streak in singles.
- Sophomore Marie-Alexandre Leduc is 8-5 in dual matches, including 5-2 in conference play, and has won five consecutive singles matches.
- The Tigers’ doubles team of Leduc and freshman Ayan Broomfield are 9-2 in dual matches this season, including 5-1 in ACC play, and have played all 11 matches at No. 1 doubles.
- Two Tigers earned ACC Player of the Week honors in two consecutive weeks earlier this season. Broomfield garnered the award on March 6, and Gorches did so on March 13.
- Clemson’s 2017 roster is made up of one junior, five sophomores and two freshmen.
- Head Coach Nancy Harris is in her 20th season with the Tigers. In her first 19 seasons at the helm of the program, Harris took the Tigers to the NCAA Tournament 17 times, including 15-consecutive years from 2002-16.
Series Information vs. NC State:
- The Tigers have a 43-4 all-time advantage in the series against the Wolfpack, which began in 1976.
- Last season, Clemson defeated NC State by a score of 5-2 on Feb. 28, 2016 at the Hoke Sloan Tennis Center. Ayan Broomfield, Fernanda Navarro and Ally Miller-Krasilnikov were victorious in singles matches over the Wolfpack at No. 1, 3 & 4, respectively.
Series Information vs. Duke:
- The Blue Devils lead the all-time series against the Tigers, with a 30-21 record overall.
- The most recent meeting between the two teams was a 5-2 win for then-eighth-ranked Duke in Clemson on April 17, 2016. Current Tiger Daniela Ruiz won her match at No. 6 singles against the Blue Devils.
ITA RANKINGS (as of March 28, 2017)
Duke – 17th
NC State – 26th
Clemson – 46th
Meible Chi (Duke) – 25th
Samantha Harris (Duke) – 49th
Chalena Scholl (Duke) – 52nd
Martina Frantova (NC State) – 55th
Kaitlyn McCarthy (Duke) – 76th
Ayan Broomfield (Clemson) – 83rd
Frantova & Anna Rogers (NC State) – 21st
Chi & McCarthy (Duke) – 26th
Broomfield & Marie-Alexandre Leduc (Clemson) – 50th
McCarthy & Scholl (Duke) – 51st