Match Information at Miami
Who: No. 46 Clemson Tigers (9-10, 4-6 ACC) at No. 45 Miami (6-10, 4-6 ACC)
When: Friday, April 14, 2 p.m.
Where: Neil Schiff Tennis Center, Coral Gables, Fla.
Watch: ACC Network Extra (http://es.pn/2oelOsU)
Live Stats: HurricaneSports.com (http://gocan.es/LiveWTN)
Match Information at Florida State
Who: No. 46 Clemson Tigers (9-10, 4-6 ACC) at No. 47 Florida State (12-8, 5-5 ACC)
When: Sunday, April 16, 12 p.m.
Where: Speicher Tennis Center, Tallahassee, Fla.
Live Stats: Seminoles.com (http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=173592)
- Clemson (9-10, 4-6 ACC) is coming off of a 4-3 upset over No. 33 Virginia on April 7 at home at the Hoke Sloan Tennis Center. The Tigers won the doubles point against the Cavaliers, and sophomores Ayan Broomfield and Fernanda Navarro and junior Daniela Ruiz won their singles matches.
- Sophomore Marie-Alexandre Leduc is 9-7 in dual matches and 6-4 in ACC play, and has won six of her last eight singles matches.
- The doubles team of Leduc and sophomore Ayan Broomfield is 10-3 in dual matches and 6-2 in conference play, having played all 13 matches at No. 1 doubles.
- The duo of Navarro and Ruiz is 10-1 in dual doubles matches (7-1 ACC), and has won six-straight matches at the No. 3 position.
- Two Tigers earned ACC Player of the Week honors in two consecutive weeks earlier this season. Broomfield garnered the award on March 6, and freshman Constanza Gorches did so on March 13.
- Clemson’s 2017 roster is made up of one junior, five sophomores and two freshmen.
- Head Coach Nancy Harris is in her 20th season with the Tigers. In her first 19 seasons at the helm of the program, Harris took the Tigers to the NCAA Tournament 17 times, including 15-consecutive years from 2002-16.
Series Information vs. Miami:
- Miami leads the series against the Tigers, which dates back to 1982, with an all-time record of 28-4.
- Last year, the then-seventh-ranked Hurricanes blanked the Tigers 7-0 in Clemson on April 2.
Series Information vs. Florida State:
- Clemson has a 32-9 all-time advantage in the series over the Seminoles, which began in 1978.
- When the two teams met last season, the Tigers downed Florida State 6-1 on March 12 in Clemson. Current Tigers Broomfield, Navarro and sophomore Jenny Moinard won singles matches against the Seminoles in the contest.
ITA RANKINGS (as of April 11, 2017)
Miami – 45th
Clemson – 46th
Florida State – 47th
Sinead Lohan (Miami) – 13th
Estela Perez-Somarriba (Miami) – 34th
Ayan Broomfield (Clemson) – 83rd
Julia Mikulski (Florida State) – 105th
Broomfield & Marie-Alexandre Leduc (Clemson) – 31st
Lohan & Maci Epstein (Miami) – 64th