MATCH INFORMATION vs. Louisville
Who: Clemson 8-13 (1-8 ACC) vs. No. 39 Louisville 18-5 (5-3 ACC)
When: Friday, April 14 at 5 p.m.
Where: Clemson, S.C. (Hoke Sloan Tennis Center)
CLEMSON, S.C. – The Clemson men’s tennis team hosts No. 39 Louisville on Friday for Senior Day at 5 p.m. Senior Day festivities are set to begin at 4:55 p.m. Friday marks the final men’s tennis match at the current Hoke Sloan Tennis Center before a complete renovation occurs following the conclusion of the women’s tennis season. Friday also marks the 11th nationally ranked opponent the Tigers have faced this season.
The Cardinals are coming off a close 3-4 loss at Georgia Tech this past weekend, and their previous seven-match win streak was halted. Clemson looks to find momentum in the final three ACC matches of the season. The duo of Daffra Sanon and Sam Edwards jumped 44 spots in this week’s ITA doubles ranking to No. 38 after defeating three nationally ranked opponents in a span of three weeks.
Periodic updates will be available on Twitter, @ClemsonMTennis.
- The Cardinals are currently 5-3 in the ACC and sit in fifth in the conference standings. They finished the 2016 season 1-11 in the ACC.
- Louisville looks for revenge after the Tigers won 5-2 at Louisville last year.
- Parker Wynn and Sean Donohue are ranked No. 51 in the ITA Doubles Rankings.
- Head Coach Rex Ecarma enters the 2017 season with a 424-283 record – one of 18 active coaches with 400 or more career wins.
- The all-time series is currently tied 3-3, with Clemson winning the previous two meetings.