MATCH INFORMATION vs. No. 28 Florida State
Who: Clemson 8-6 (1-1 ACC) vs. #28 Florida State 10-4 (0-1 ACC)
When: Friday, March 17 at 5:30 p.m.
Where: Tallahassee, Fla. (Scott Speicher Tennis Center)
CLEMSON, S.C. – The Clemson men’s tennis team returns to ACC action when it travels to Tallahassee on Friday to face the No. 28 Seminoles. Friday marks the fifth straight nationally ranked opponent that the Tigers face.
Clemson looks to bounce back after suffering a 6-0 defeat at South Carolina last Friday. The Tigers won their opening ACC match in the state of Florida in February at Miami, 4-3. The Seminoles have won only one of their last three and aim for their first ACC win of the 2017 season. Florida State has two players ranked in the top 120 of the ITA singles rankings, and two doubles teams ranked in the top 80.
Periodic updates will be available on Twitter, @ClemsonMTennis.
Scouting Florida State
- The Seminoles jumped from No. 36 to No. 28 in this week’s ITA rankings after defeating Florida, 4-2.
- Florida State opened ACC play at Georgia Tech where they fell 5-2 and 0-1 in the ACC.
- Guy Iradukunda is ranked 95th, and Aziz
Dougazis ranked 119th in this week’s ITA singles rankings. As a duo, they are ranked 69th.
- The Seminoles fell in the first round of the 2016 NCAA Tournament to Baylor, 4-3.
- Head Coach Dwayne Hultquist is in his 18th season at the helm of the Seminoles. Enter this season he holds an overall record of 276-182 (.603).
- The Seminoles hold a slight lead in the all-time series, 18-20.