MATCH INFORMATION vs. No. 23 South Carolina
Who: Clemson (8-5) vs. #23 South Carolina (11-3)
When: Friday, March 10 at 4 p.m.
Where: Columbia, S.C. (Carolina Tennis Center)
CLEMSON, S.C. – The Clemson men’s tennis team travels to Columbia on Friday to face the No. 23 Gamecocks for the first time under Head Coach John Boetsch and first year Assistant Coach Ryan Young. Young spent the last three season as the assistant coach at South Carolina. Friday marks the fourth straight nationally ranked opponent that the Tigers face.
Clemson looks to defeat the Gamecocks for the first time since 2014 and shake off a current three-match losing skid. With a win, the Tigers can take an 8-6 lead in the Certified SC Grown Palmetto Series. South Carolina has dropped two of their last three matches losing to Rice and No. 27 Texas A&M. The loss to Texas A&M is the only loss at home this year for the Gamecocks.
Periodic updates will be available on Twitter, @ClemsonMTennis.
Scouting South Carolina
- The Gamecocks fall to No. 23 in this week’s ITA rankings after being ranked No. 19 last week.
- South Carolina is 6-1 overall at home this season. Their only loss came last week to Texas A&M, 5-2.
- Gabriel Freidrich leads South Carolina and is ranked No. 51 in the ITA singles rankings.
- Josh Goffi enters his sixth season at the helm of the Gamecocks
- The Gamecocks lead the all-time series, 42-64-2.