MATCH INFORMATION vs. Georgia Tech
Who: Clemson (8-4, 1-0 ACC) vs. #12 Georgia Tech (7-2, 0-0 ACC)
When: Friday, March 3 at 4 p.m.
Where: Clemson, S.C. (Hoke Sloan Tennis Center)
CLEMSON, S.C. – The Clemson men’s tennis team returns to ACC action on Friday at 4 p.m. when Georgia Tech makes the trip from Atlanta. The Tigers came up empty this past weekend with a pair of 4-1 losses against Cornell and Wisconsin in New York. Junior Alex Favrot picked up two wins in New York at the No. 1 position for the Tigers.
Clemson looks to start ACC play 2-0 for the first time since 2014 after defeating Miami on Feb. 19 in Coral Gables. Also, the Tigers aim to defeat the Yellow Jackets for the first time since 2014. No. 12 Georgia Tech are led by junior Christopher Eubanks who is currently ranked No. 7 in the ITA rankings singles rankings.
Periodic updates will be available on Twitter, @ClemsonMTennis.
Scouting Georgia Tech
- The Yellow Jackets are currently on a five-match winning streak dating back to Feb. 2. Georgia Tech's last loss came to No. 10 Northwestern in the championship match in the ITA Kickoff Weekend.
- Georgia Tech is ranked No. 12 in this week’s ITA/Oracle Rankings.
- Christopher Eubanks is ranked No. 7, and Andrew Li is ranked No. 53 in the ITA singles rankings
- Carlos Divar and Carlos Benito are ranked No. 48 in the ITA doubles rankings.
- Kenny Thorne enters his 19th season at the helm of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
- The Tigers hold a slight lead in the all-time series, 29-27.