Syracuse Match Information
Who: No. 5-seed Clemson Tigers (11-4-0; 4-4-0 ACC) vs. No. 12-seed Syracuse Orange (6-8-3; 0-6-2 ACC)
When: Wednesday, Nov. 1 at 7 p.m.
Where: Historic Riggs Field, Clemson, S.C.
Watch: ACC Network Extra (http://www.espn.com/watch/_/
Follow: @ClemsonMSoccer on Twitter and Instagram
Next Match – TBD
- Clemson is coming off a 2-1 loss to the No. 11 Louisville Cardinals on Friday. Though the Tigers outshot the Cardinals 21-5, Diego Campos netted the lone Clemson goal on Senior Night.
- Campos earned ACC Offensive Player of the Week for Oct. 16 after he scored a hat trick against the No. 16 Duke Blue Devils.
- Campos leads the team in both goals (9) and assists (8). Four of Campos’ goals have been game-winning, and that mark has him tied with North Carolina’s Jelani Pieters for second in the ACC.
- Jason Wright (7), Oliver Shannon (4), Robbie Robinson (4), Kimarni Smith (3), Patrick Bunk-Andersen (2), Saul Chinchilla, Malick Mbaye, Tanner Dieterich, Justin Malou and Alexander Hemmingsen have also found the back of the net for the Tigers this season.
- Campos’ 26 points are good for second in the ACC.
- Clemson ranks third in the ACC in goals scored (36 in 15 matches).
- Ximo Miralles has totaled 34 saves against 14 goals allowed in just over 1,300 minutes, while Daniel Kuzemka has allowed no goals with one save in 55 minutes, and Michael Zierhoffer has no goals allowed or saves in 15 minutes.
- Miralles earned ACC Defensive Player of the week for Sept. 25 after posting two clean sheets against UCLA and Pitt.
- Clemson is tied with North Carolina for third in the ACC in goals allowed (14 in 15 matches) and fourth in goals against average (0.92).
- Clemson ranks first in the ACC and fifth nationally in average home attendance (2,568 per match).
- Bunk-Andersen scored his first goal of the year against rival South Carolina and earned ACC Defensive Player of the Week for Sept. 5 as a result.
- Clemson opened the season with four consecutive wins for the first time since 2013.
- The Tigers defeated South Carolina 4-1 on Friday, Sept. 1, and the win was head coach Mike Noonan’s 300th career victory.
- Clemson is ranked No. 9 in the United Soccer Coaches Poll, making it one of four ACC teams in the top 10. The Tigers have been ranked in the top 10 for 29 of the last 30 weeks.
- Clemson is ranked No. 7 in this week’s RPI rankings, which were released on Monday.
- Syracuse is coming off a 0-0 double overtime tie at No. 1 Wake Forest last Friday. It was the first time any team had forced a tie with the top-ranked Demon Deacons all season.
- Johannes Pieles and Jonathan Hagman are tied for a team-leading five goals, and Hugo Delhommelle’s six assists are a team high.
- Hendrick Hilpert has played over 1,560 minutes in the net for the Orange, allowing 23 goals with 53 saves. Pat Castle has seen just under 40 minutes in goal with no goals allowed or saves.
- Wednesday will mark the seventh time the Tigers and Orange have met since 2015.
- Three matchups in 2015 yielded one Clemson win, one Syracuse win and a tie in the College Cup that saw the Tigers advance on penalty kicks.
- Both of 2016’s matchups ended in ties, and the ACC Tournament matchup also saw the Tigers advance on penalty kicks.
- The two teams played each other on Oct. 21 of this year, and Clemson won 2-1 after Diego Campos and Oliver Shannon scored second half goals.
- Dating back to 2013, Syracuse leads the overall series 3-2-3.
Tickets may be purchased at the gate prior to the match, or online at ClemsonTigers.com, HERE.