Coastal Carolina NCAA Second Round Match Information
Who: No. 8 Clemson Tigers (12-5-1) vs. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (13-6-1)
When: Sunday, Nov. 19 at 6 p.m.
Where: Historic Riggs Field, Clemson, S.C.
Follow: @ClemsonMSoccer on Twitter and Instagram
Next Match – TBD
- Clemson is making its fifth consecutive and 30th all-time NCAA Tournament appearance.
- Diego Campos leads the team in both goals (10) and assists (8). Five of Campos’ goals have been game-winning, and that mark has him tied with Virginia Tech’s Marcelo Acuna, Notre Dame’s Jon Gallagher, and Wake Forest’s Jon Bakero for first in the ACC.
- Campos and Oliver Shannon were named to the 2017 All-ACC First Team on Tuesday, and Robbie Robinson was named to the 2017 ACC All-Freshman Team.
- Campos earned ACC Offensive Player of the Week for Oct. 16 after he scored a hat trick against the No. 16 Duke Blue Devils.
- Campos’ 28 points are good for second in the ACC, tied with Gallagher.
- Jason Wright (7), Shannon (4), Robinson (4), Kimarni Smith (3), Patrick Bunk-Andersen (3), Saul Chinchilla (3), Malick Mbaye, Tanner Dieterich, Justin Malou and Alexander Hemmingsen have also found the back of the net for the Tigers this season.
- Clemson’s offense ranks seventh in the nation, as the Tigers are averaging 2.22 goals per match.
- Clemson ranks third in the ACC in goals scored (40 in 18 matches).
- Miralles has totaled 47 saves against 18 goals allowed in just under 1,600 minutes, while Daniel Kuzemka has allowed no goals with one save in 55 minutes, and Michael Zierhoffer has no goals allowed or saves in 15 minutes. Zierhoffer was also in goal for the Tigers during their ACC first round penalty kick shootout against Syracuse.
- Miralles earned ACC Defensive Player of the week for Sept. 25 after posting two clean sheets against UCLA and Pitt.
- Clemson ranks first in the ACC and fifth nationally in average home attendance (2,457 per match).
- Bunk-Andersen scored his first goal of the year against rival South Carolina and earned ACC Defensive Player of the Week for Sept. 5 as a result.
- Clemson opened the season with four consecutive wins for the first time since 2013.
- The Tigers defeated South Carolina 4-1 on Friday, Sept. 1, and the win was head coach Mike Noonan’s 300th career victory.
- Clemson is the No. 8 seed in the NCAA Tournament and is one of nine ACC teams to earn a berth in 2017. Seven of those nine teams are seeded in the top 12.
Coastal Carolina Notes:
- Coastal Carolina defeated Mercer 1-0 on Thursday to advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
- Frantzdy Pierrot leads the Chanticleers in goals (9) and is tied with Ryan Willoughby for the team lead in assists (3).
- Braulio Linares-Ortiz has allowed 20 goals against 69 saves in just over 1,740 minutes in all 20 matches for the Chanticleers, while Alexandre Bouillennec has seen action in three matches for 77 minutes, allowing two goals with two saves.
- Clemson and Coastal Carolina met in a preseason exhibition match this year, and Clemson won 3-1 behind goals from Diego Campos, Robbie Robinson and Alexander Hemmingsen.
- The last two regular season matchups between the two teams have ended in ties.
- The last time the two teams met in the postseason was in 2014, and that was also in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Clemson won the match 2-1.
- Dating back to 1985, Clemson leads the overall series 8-2-3.
Tickets may be purchased at the gate prior to the match, or online at ClemsonTigers.com, HERE.