NC State Match Information
Who: No. 3 Clemson Tigers (4-0-0) vs. NC State Wolfpack (1-1-0)
When: Friday, Sept. 8 at 7 p.m.
Where: Dail Soccer Field/Track Complex, Raleigh, N.C.
Watch: ACC Network Extra (http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3136710/clemson-vs-nc-state-m-soccer)
Live Stats: http://www.sidearmstats.com/ncsu/msoc/
Follow: @ClemsonMSoccer on Twitter and Instagram
Next Match - Clemson vs. North Florida on Tuesday, Sept. 12 at 7 p.m. (Clemson, S.C.)
- The Tigers played in their first road match of the season on Monday at Georgia Southern and won 2-1 in overtime. Freshman Justin Malou scored his first goal in a Clemson uniform off a corner kick from sophomore Harrison Kurtz in the first half. Fellow freshman Kimarni Smith scored the game-winning goal, assisted by senior Diego Campos, with seven seconds remaining in the first overtime period.
- Clemson opened the season with four consecutive wins for the first time since 2013.
- The Tigers defeated South Carolina 4-1 on Friday, Sept. 1, and the win was head coach Mike Noonan’s 300th career victory.
- Junior defender Patrick Bunk-Andersen scored his first goal of the season against the Gamecocks and earned ACC Defensive Player of the Week as a result.
- Senior Jason Wright netted his second goal of the year against South Carolina and was named an Honorable Mention to Top Drawer Soccer’s Men’s Team of the Week.
- Campos and sophomore Malick Mbaye have also found the back of the net for the Tigers this season.
- Wright and Campos lead the team with two goals and an assist each, good for five points.
- Junior goalkeeper Ximo Miralles has totaled nine saves against three goals allowed.
- Clemson is ranked No. 3 in the United Soccer Coaches Poll.
NC State Notes:
- The Wolfpack has not played since Monday, Aug. 28 after their match against LIU Brooklyn scheduled for Friday, Sept. 1 was cancelled due to inclement weather.
- NC State opened their season with a 3-2 win over Florida Atlantic at home on Aug. 25 before falling 3-2 to William and Mary on the road in overtime on Aug. 28.
- Juniors Clayton Sparks, Stephen Elias and Tanner Roberts have scored the Wolfpack’s three goals this season.
- Freshman goalkeeper Leon Krapf has allowed five goals and has two saves.
- NC State finished with a 5-12 overall record and a 1-7 record in the ACC in 2016.
- Clemson has won eight consecutive matches over NC State, a streak that dates back to 2009. Four of those wins were shutouts, including last season’s 2-0 Tiger victory at Historic Riggs Field.
- The last time the two teams met in Raleigh, N.C. was in 2015, and the Tigers won 4-1.
- Dating back to 1967, Clemson leads the overall series 37-14-7.