Georgia Southern Match Information
Who: No. 5 Clemson Tigers (3-0-0) vs. Georgia Southern Eagles (1-2-0)
When: Monday, Sept. 4 at 7 p.m.
Where: Eagle Field at Erk Russell Athletic Park, Statesboro, Ga.
Watch: True Blue TV (http://gseagles.com/watch/?Live=1198&type=Live)
Live Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=179730
Follow: @ClemsonMSoccer on Twitter and Instagram
Next Match - Clemson @ NC State on Friday, Sept. 8 at 7 p.m. (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Clemson opened the season with three consecutive wins for the third season in a row.
- The Tigers defeated South Carolina 4-1 on Friday night, and the win was head coach Mike Noonan’s 300th career victory.
- Junior defender Patrick Bunk-Andersen scored his first goal of the season against the Gamecocks, as did freshman Kimarni Smith. Senior Jason Wright’s second goal of the year and a South Carolina own goal rounded out the scoring.
- Senior Diego Campos and sophomore Malick Mbaye have also found the back of the net for the Tigers this season.
- Wright leads the team with two goals and an assist, good for five points.
- Junior goalkeeper Ximo Miralles has totaled eight saves against two goals allowed.
- Clemson is ranked No. 5 in the United Soccer Coaches Poll.
Georgia Southern Notes:
- The match against Clemson will be Georgia Southern’s 2017 home opener.
- The Eagles are coming off their first win of the season, a 2-1 defeat of North Florida, after being shut out in their first two matches.
- Freshman Victor Gustafsson and senior Blake Wilson have scored the Eagles’ two goals this season.
- Graduate goalkeeper Robert Flott has allowed three goals and has eight saves.
- Georgia Southern finished with an 8-8-3 overall record and a 3-1-1 record in the Sun Belt in 2016. Their season ended when they fell 2-0 to Georgia State in the Sun Belt Championship Semifinal.
- This will be the first time that Clemson has played Georgia Southern on the road, as all 10 of the teams’ previous matches have been at Historic Riggs Field.
- The Tigers and Eagles have faced off each of the last two seasons, and Clemson won both matchups, with 2015 seeing a 3-1 Tiger victory and 2016 a 1-0 Clemson win.
- Dating back to 1992, Clemson leads the overall series 7-1-2.