Match Information vs. NC State:
Who: Clemson Tigers (8-4-2; 2-3-2 ACC) at NC State Wolfpack (10-4-1; 3-3-1 ACC)
When: Thursday, Oct. 19 at 7 p.m.
Where: Dail Soccer Field, Raleigh, N.C.
Follow: @ClemsonWSoccer on Twitter and Instagram
Live Video: ACC Network Extra (http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3177799/clemson-vs-nc-state-w-soccer)
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com (http://www.sidearmstats.com/ncsu/wsoc/)
- Sophomore keeper Sandy MacIver was named ACC Defensive Player of the Week for the week of Oct. 17, after earning her sixth solo shutout of the season in the 0-0 double-overtime draw against No. 14 Virginia on Saturday, Oct. 14.
- Freshman Mariana Speckmaier leads the team with six goals and one assist on the year, good for 13 points. Graduate Jenna Polonsky also has 13 points (5 goals, 3 assists), including the game-winner against Indiana on Aug. 20.
- Also netting goals for the Tigers this season are Jeni Erickson (3), Shannon Horgan (2), Mackenzie Smith (2), Miranda Weslake (2) and Patrice DiPasquale (1).
- Clemson opened the season with six consecutive wins for the first time since 2015.
- The Tigers rank second in the ACC in shutouts (9), third in goals allowed (9) and are third in goals against average (.62).
- Speckmaier is tied for ninth in the conference with six goals.
- MacIver has started 12 matches in net for Clemson this season. The Winsford, England native ranks second in the ACC in save percentage (.824), fifth in goals against average (.74) and fifth in saves per game (3.50) totaling 42 saves in her 1,102 minutes.
- Speckmaier scored a hat trick against SIUE on Friday, Aug. 18 and became the 15th player in Clemson history to record a hat trick, the eighth to do so in her freshman season and just the second to do so in her first career game.
- Head Coach Eddie Radwanski hit the 200-career win milestone with the 4-0 win over SIUE to open the season. Through Saturday’s draw against the Cavaliers, Radwanski is 207-111-30 for his career as a head coach.
NC State Notes:
- The Wolfpack are 10-4-1 overall and 3-3-1 in the ACC and are coming off a 3-0 victory over Syracuse on Saturday, Oct. 14.
- Leading the offense for NC State is sophomore midfielder Tziarra King, who has nine goals and six assists for 24 points.
- Sydney Wootten has started 12 of the 15 matches in net for the Wolfpack this season. The junior keeper has 34 saves, a save percentage of .739 and six shutouts.
- Clemson has a 18-5-4 record all-time against the NC State, and the series dates back to 1994, the inaugural season for the Clemson program.
- The last regular season meeting ended in a 2-1 Tiger victory at Historic Riggs Field on Oct. 23, 2016.
- The last time the two teams met at Dail Soccer Field was on Oct. 22, 2015, Erickson and Sam Staab both contributed goals in the 4-1 Clemson victory.