Match Information vs. Florida State:
Who: Clemson Tigers (9-5-2; 3-4-2 ACC) vs. No. 23 Florida State Seminoles (11-5-0; 5-4-0 ACC)
When: Thursday, Oct. 26 at 7 p.m.
Where: Historic Riggs Field, Clemson, S.C.
Follow: @ClemsonWSoccer on Twitter and Instagram
Live Video: ACC Network Extra (http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3177706/florida-state-vs-clemson-w-soccer)
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com (http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=184347)
- Jenna Polonsky and Jeni Erickson celebrated senior day in style as they both scored in the Tigers’ 2-1 victory over No. 15 Wake Forest on Sunday, Oct. 22.
- Graduate Polonsky is leading the team in points with 16 (6 goals, 4 assists). Freshman Mariana Speckmaier also has six goals with two assists, good for 14 points.
- Also netting goals for the Tigers this season are Erickson (4), Shannon Horgan (2), Mackenzie Smith (2), Miranda Weslake (2) and Patrice DiPasquale (1).
- Clemson opened the season with six consecutive wins for the first time since 2015.
- The Tigers rank second in the ACC in attendance, averaging 1,461 at home matches, are tied for third in shutouts (9), third in goals allowed (11) and are fourth in goals against average (.66).
- Polonsky and Speckmaier are both tied for tenth in the conference with six goals apiece.
- Sophomore keeper Sandy MacIver was named ACC Defensive Player of the Week for the week of Oct. 17, after earning her sixth solo shutout of the season in the 0-0 double-overtime draw against No. 14 Virginia on Saturday, Oct. 14.
- MacIver has started 14 matches in net for Clemson this season. The Winsford, England native ranks second in the ACC in save percentage (.823), fifth in goals against average (.77) and fifth in saves per game (3.64) totaling 51 saves in her 1,282 minutes.
- Speckmaier scored a hat trick against SIUE on Friday, Aug. 18 and became the 15th player in Clemson history to record a hat trick, the eighth to do so in her freshman season, and just the second to do so in her first career game.
- Head Coach Eddie Radwanski hit the 200-career win milestone with the 4-0 win over SIUE to open the season. Through Sunday’s victory over No. 15 Wake Forest, Radwanski is 208-112-30 for his career as a head coach.
Florida State Notes:
- The Seminoles are 11-5-0 overall and 5-4-0 in the ACC, and are coming off a 2-1 victory over Pitt on Sunday, Oct. 22.
- Leading the offense for Florida State is sophomore forward Deyna Castellanos, who has 14 goals and two assists for 30 points.
- Freshman midfielder Emily Madril and redshirt freshman defender Clara Robbins are leading the Noles in assists this season with four apiece.
- Cassie Miller has started all 16 matches in net for the Seminoles this season. The redshirt senior keeper has 42 saves, a goals against average of 1.00, a save percentage of .724 and six shutouts.
- Florida State has a 16-7-3 record all-time against Clemson, and the series dates back to 1995.
- The last meeting between the two teams was in the ACC semifinals, where the then-ranked No. 9 Tigers fell 1-0 to the then-ranked No. 13 Seminoles on Nov. 4, 2016.
- The last regular season meeting was at the FSU Soccer Complex and ended in a 3-1 Noles victory on Sept. 24, 2015.
- The last time the two teams met at Historic Riggs Field, the match ended in a 1-1 double-overtime draw on Sept. 29, 2013.
- Thursday’s match is the Tigers’ pink game, raising awareness for breast cancer and honoring those who have fought and continue to fight it.
- The first 400 fans in attendance will receive a free pink Clemson women’s soccer t-shirt.
- The pink jerseys worn by the Clemson players will be auctioned off during the match, with proceeds benefiting the ALL IN foundation.
Admission is free for all 2017 home Clemson women’s soccer matches. For complete coverage of the Clemson women’s soccer, follow @ClemsonWSoccer on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.