Match Information vs. Syracuse:
Who: Clemson Tigers (6-3-0; 0-2-0 ACC) at Syracuse Orange (5-3-1; 0-1-0 ACC)
When: Sunday, Sept. 24 at 1 p.m.
Where: SU Soccer Stadium, Syracuse, N.Y.
Rankings: Clemson – No. 19 United Soccer Coaches; Syracuse – NR
Follow: @ClemsonWSoccer on Twitter and Instagram
Live Video: ACC Network Extra (http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3136697/clemson-vs-syracuse-w-soccer)
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com (http://sidearmstats.com/syracuse/wsoc/)
- Clemson is coming off a 1-0 loss to No. 8 North Carolina at WakeMed Soccer Park on Thursday night.
- Freshman Mariana Speckmaier leads the team with five goals and one assist on the year, good for 11 points. Graduate Jenna Polonsky also has 11 points (4 goals, 3 assists), including the game-winner against Indiana on Aug. 20.
- Also netting goals for the Tigers this season are Jeni Erickson (3), Shannon Horgan (2), Mackenzie Smith (1) and Miranda Weslake (1).
- Clemson opened the season with six consecutive wins for the first time since 2015.
- Speckmaier is tied for fifth in the conference in goals (5), Polonsky is tied for sixth in assists (3) and both are tied for seventh in points (11).
- Speckmaier scored a hat trick against SIUE on Friday, Aug. 18 and became the 15th player in Clemson history to record a hat trick, the eighth to do so in her freshman season and just the second to do so in her first career game.
- Head Coach Eddie Radwanski hit the 200-career win milestone with the 4-0 win over SIUE to open the season. Through last Saturday’s loss against the Fighting Irish, Radwanski is 205-110-28 for his career as a head coach.
- Clemson is ranked No. 19 in the United Soccer Coaches Poll. The Tigers are one of eight ACC teams in the top 25.
- The Orange are 5-3-1 overall and are coming off a 1-0 loss over No. 18 Wake Forest in their ACC opener on Sept. 21.
- Leading the offense for Syracuse are sophomore Sydney Brackett with four goals and freshman Kate Donovan with three goals.
- Senior Eva Gordan leads the team with two assists.
- Courtney Brosnan has started all nine matches in net for the Orange this season. The senior keeper has 36 saves, a save percentage of .837, three shutouts and a goals against average of .82.
- Clemson has a 4-0-0 record in the series against Syracuse, dating back to 2013.
- The last regular season meeting between the two teams was a 4-0 victory for Clemson on Sept. 22, 2016 at Historic Riggs Field. Erickson scored her first goal of the season in the win, while Horgan assisted on three goals.
- The last time the two teams met at SU Soccer Stadium, the match ended in a 1-0 Tiger victory on Oct. 31, 2015.