Who: Clemson Tigers vs. South Carolina Gamecocks
When: Friday, Sept. 8 at 7 p.m.
Where: Historic Riggs Field, Clemson, S.C.
Rankings: Clemson – No. 4 United Soccer Coaches; South Carolina – No. 7 United Soccer Coaches
Follow: @ClemsonWSoccer on Twitter and Instagram
Live Video: ACC Network Extra (http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3136759/south-carolina-vs-clemson-w-soccer)
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com (http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=184394)
- The Tigers remained undefeated in 2017 as they downed SEC foe Georgia 2-0 on Sunday, Sept. 3.
- Sophomore Mackenzie Smith scored the first goal of her career in the 52nd minute against Georgia, and in the 58th minute, senior Jeni Erickson netted her third goal of the season.
- Smith also earned Top Drawer Soccer Honorable Mention Team of the Week.
- As a team, Clemson is one of 14 teams in the nation with a win-loss-tied percentage of 1.000.
- Jenna Polonsky leads the team with 11 points, ranking second in the ACC, averaging 1.83 points per game.
- Polonsky and Mariana Speckmaier are tied third in the conference in goals, each with four.
- With two game winning goals, Speckmaier and Jeni Erickson are tied for second in the ACC.
- As a team, Clemson is tied for first in the ACC in goals against average (.17) and tied for second in points (44) and assists (16).
South Carolina Notes:
- The Gamecocks are off to a 5-1 start in 2017, netting 12 goals and only allowing five.
- Savannah McCaskill is leading the team with 10 points, three goals and four assists.
- Bianca Galassini was named SEC Freshman of the Week after netting two goals against Michigan on Sept. 3.
- Mikayla Krzeczowski picked up the SEC Defensive Player of the Week after a career-high nine saves against Notre Dame.
- Clemson has a 13-9-1 all-time advantage in the series against South Carolina, and at Historic Riggs Field the Tigers are 8-3-0.
- The Tigers lost the most recent meeting between the two teams by a score of 2-1 on Sept. 3, 2016 in Columbia. Staab scored the Tigers’ lone goal, while McCaskill netted both Gamecock goals.
- Friday will mark the first time Clemson (No.4) and South Carolina (No.7) will face one another with both teams in the Top-10.
- The first 750 fans in attendance at Friday’s match will receive a free Clemson soccer scarf.
- Free chicken fingers for the first 300 students in attendance. Students must present a valid Clemson student ID.
Admission is free for all 2017 home Clemson women’s soccer matches. For complete coverage of the Clemson women’s soccer, follow @ClemsonWSoccer on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.