Who: Clemson Tigers vs Georgia Bulldogs
When: Sunday, Sept. 3 at 7 p.m.
Where: Turner Soccer Complex, Athens, Ga.
Rankings: Clemson – No. 8 United Soccer Coaches; Georgia – NR
Follow: @ClemsonWSoccer on Twitter and Instagram
Live Video: SECN+ (http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3153187/8-clemson-vs-georgia-w-soccer)
Live Stats: (http://www.sidearmstats.com/ugeorgia/wsoc/)
- The Tigers remained undefeated in 2017 as they downed VCU 1-0 on Friday, Sept. 1.
- Senior Jeni Erickson scored the lone goal in the 61st minute against VCU. The goal marks Erickson’s second of the season. Earning the assist was Dani Antieau, her first of the season.
- Jenna Polonsky and Mariana Speckmaier are both tied for first in the conference in goals (4), while Polonsky leads the league in points (11).
- Erickson and Speckmaier both have two game winning goals on the season, putting them at the top of the leader board in the ACC.
- Sophomore keepers Melanie Stiles and Sandy MacIver have only allowed one goal this 2017 season. Combined, the two have a goals against average of .19.
- The Bulldogs are off to a 3-2 start in 2017, netting five goals and allowing two.
- Caroline Chipman, Delaney Erwin and Reagan Glisson are leading the team with one goal and one assist.
- Jessie Harvey and Louise Hogrell, the goalkeepers for Georgia have allowed only two goals this season.
- Clemson has a 6-2-0 record in the series against Georgia, which dates back to 1996.
- The last regular season meeting between the two teams was a 3-1 victory for Clemson on Aug. 21, 2016 at Historic Riggs Field.
- The last time these two teams met at Turner Soccer Complex, the match ended in a 1-0 Tiger victory on Sept. 4, 2015.