All prospective dancers must register prior to tryouts by completing a Rally Cat tryout application form (see below) and e-mailing it to the Spirit Squad Coordinator by Thursday, April 24, 2014.
Friday, April 25: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Saturday, April 26: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sunday, April 27: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Who is Eligible:
Full time students (12+ hours), graduate students and incoming freshmen (with proof of acceptance to Clemson)
Overall, must be a highly versatile dancer.
Two Routines (will be taught to you at tryouts)
• POM: Looking for sharpness, motion placement and spirit.
• JAZZ/HIP HOP COMBINATION: Looking for style/presentation, technical skills and confidence.
Jazz Technical Skills
• Double and Triple Pirouettes, *Quad Encouraged*
• Fouette Turns
• Right and Left Jetes
• Switch Leap
• Leap in Seconde
• Switch Seconde
• Barrell Leap
• Splits (Right, Left and Center)
• Leg Extensions (Right and Left)
• High Kicks
• Leap & Turn Combination (Your Choice)
• Turning Disk
Friday: Instructional clinic - Pom and Jazz/Hip Hop dances will be taught. Technical skills and tryout process will be reviewed.
Saturday: FIRST CUT - Based on Technical Skills and Tiger Rag. Following the first cut, open gym time will be given for final cut preparation.
Sunday: FINAL CUT - Based on Technical Skills, Tiger Rag, Jazz/Hip Hop Combination. Call backs will take place after all finalists have performed in small groups.
What to Bring:
• Copy of a current physical (within 6 months)
• Proof of Insurance
• Copy of Sickle Cell Test Results *everyone*
• Medical Release Form (see below)
• Water Bottle
• Black dance pants or dance shorts
• Dance sneakers or jazz shoes
• Crop/midriff top needs to be worn each day
• Saturday and Sunday Tryouts - TOP needs to be Clemson colors (orange, white or purple)
• Game day hair and make up each day
Questions regarding score sheet, attire and technical skills, please contact Rally Cat Coach Katie Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding registration for tryouts and what to bring, please contact Spirit Squad Coordinator Tori Palmer at email@example.com.