Clemson University All-Girl Cheerleading Squad
The All-Girl Cheerleading Squad is a varsity team that cheers for home football games, select away football games, home women's basketball games and select home volleyball matches. In addition, they attend all postseason women's basketball tournaments if applicable.
The All-Girl cheerleaders are limited to specific skills on a basketball court surface because of safety rules. The following skills are prohibited during a basketball game.
- Basket Tosses of any kind
- Stunts in which the base uses only one arm to support the top person
- Flips or released twists into or from partner stunts unless they are braced by both sides d. Two and one half person high pyramids *College Pyramids
- Inversions in stunts or pyramids
- Twisting tumbling skills
All Cheerleaders must be versatile stunters and be able to do more than one position. In addition, all cheerleaders MUST have tremendous game day appeal, SPIRIT and dance ability.
- Standing Tuck
- Standing Handspring Tuck, Layout or Full
- Round-off Handspring Tuck or better
- Double Based Liberty (two female bases)
- Stretch of Scorpion Double Down
- Recommended Advanced Skills: Full Up, Full-Around, Tic-Tocs, etc.
All-Girl Practice Schedule/Commitment:
Being a Clemson cheerleader is a time commitment. All-Girl cheerleaders practice roughly two times a week while in season and attend workouts at 6:30 a.m. twice a week. In addition, cheerleaders are required to participate in many on- and off-campus events during the year.
There are no out-of-pocket expenses as a game day cheerleader. All game day necessities and travel are provided by the University. In addition, scholarships are now provided for members of the Spirit Squad, the increments are below:
- First year members: $750 (split $375 per semester)
- Second year members: $1,000 (split $500 per semester)
- Third year members: $1,500 (split $750 per semester)
- Fourth year members: $1,500 (split $750 per semester)
Spring Tryouts are held every April. Typically a spring tryout fills all squads; however if any spots are open a fall tryout would take place in August.
For more information, visit our tryout webpage.