|Position:||Director of Operations|
- Director of Basketball Operations
- Works on travel, scheduling, camps, budgets and other responsibilities
- 1998-2002: Student-Athlete, Virginia
- Degree: commerce (2002)
- 2002-2004: Graduate Assistant, Tennessee
- 2004-2013: Assistant Coach, UAB
- At UAB: 74 wins in last four seasons; UAB allowed just 49.1 ppg in 2011-12, 3rd-best mark in the nation
- Went to two NCAA Championships games while at Tennessee
- Assisted in the recruitment of Tennessee’s 2003 recruiting class, which was ranked No. 1 in the nation and included four WNBA players.
- Coached a conference Player-of-the-Year, Rookie-of-the-Year, and 39 Academic All-Conference selections at UAB
- Married to Pete Becker
- Two sons, Paxton (Aug. 2011) and Cole (May 2013)
Kathy Becker is in her first season as the Director of Basketball Operations for the program. Becker spent the previous nine seasons at UAB as an Assistant Coach for the Blazers under Smith’s direction.
Becker is responsible for the day-to-day operations around the program, including the scheduling of practices, events, and road trips, and ensuring that Clemson’s program is within NCAA compliance.
“My family and I are very excited to make the move to Clemson, and back to the ACC where my roots are,” said Becker. “I’m very excited about the support and enthusiasm that surround Clemson women’s basketball. I’m looking forward to helping get this program back to national prominence.”
Becker has an impressive resume, which includes playing for or working with two of the game’s best. Becker, then Kathy Allen, played at the University of Virginia under Debbie Ryan until 2002, when she graduated with a degree in commerce and a minor in economics from UVa’s McIntire School of Commerce.
Upon graduation, she worked as a graduate assistant under Pat Summitt at Tennessee, where she assisted in recruiting. The Lady Vols went to Final Fours in each of her two seasons with the team, and she assisted in the recruitment of Tennessee’s 2003 signing class, which was ranked No. 1 in the nation and included Candace Parker.
She joined Smith’s staff at UAB in 2004, where she began as an assistant coach, working with the guards, and spent nine seasons in that capacity.
She also has experience working as an administrator for Ryan’s camps, and spent two summers working for Nike as a WNBA representative in Utah and Orlando.
Becker originally hails from Boyertown, PA and is married to Pete Becker. The two have one son, Paxton, who was born in Aug. 2011. The couple are also expecting their second child in late May.