• In his 18 years as a full-time assistant coach, his teams have 18 winning seasons, have been to 18 bowl games and have won at least 10 games 14 times.
• His 2013 defense, which was 24th in the nation in scoring defense and 25th in total defense, led the nation in tackles for loss (122). He also coached All-ACC linebackers Stephone Anthony and Spencer Shuey.
• Named one of the top-25 recruiters in the nation in 2013 by Rivals.com.
• Named one of the top-50 recruiters in the nation in 2013 by 247Sports.com.
• Named one of the top-10 recruiters in the ACC in 2013 by Rivals.com.
• His 2012 defense held opponents to just 34.0 percent on third down, 24th-best in the nation.
• A big reason Clemson was co-champion of the ACC Atlantic Division and won 11 games in 2012.
• Coached 13 years (1999-11) at Oklahoma and three years (1996-98) at Kansas State. He was also a graduate assistant coach at Kansas State for three seasons (1993-95).
• Has coached in 10 bowl games that are currently considered BCS bowls.
• Served as co-defensive coordinator at Oklahoma (1999-03) and defensive coordinator at Oklahoma (2004-11).
• Linebackers under his direction were named Big 12 Defensive Player-of-the-Year five times and Big 12 Defensive Newcomer-of-the-Year five times. He also coached two Butkus Award winners and two other Butkus Award finalists.
• In 2008, his defense was in the top three in nearly every Big 12 defensive category despite facing 11 of the top-50 scoring offenses in the nation.
• Broyles Award finalist in 2006 when Oklahoma led the Big 12 in total defense and scoring defense.
• Oklahoma was first in the nation in total defense, first in passing defense, second in pass efficiency defense, third in scoring defense and fifth in turnover margin in 2003.
• His 2002 defense was in the top 10 in the nation in scoring defense, passing defense and total defense.
• His 2001 defense was fourth in the nation in scoring defense, fourth in total defense, fifth in pass effiency defense and seventh in rushing defense.
• Owns a National Championship ring as co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Oklahoma in 2000.
• As a player at Kansas State, he was Honorable Mention All-Big Eight in 1992 with 124 tackles. He was also an All-American at Garden City (Kan.) Community College who recorded 276 career tackles.