Weekend Series Presenting Sponsor
The Tigers begin ACC play with a three-game series against Georgia Tech at Doug Kingsmore Stadium this weekend.
• Who - Georgia Tech (9-3, 0-0 ACC) vs. Clemson (12-1, 0-0 ACC)
• Best Rankings - GAT - NR; CU - No. 6 CB
• When - Friday (4 p.m.), Saturday (4 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers - Kyle Parker, Pete Yanity
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tigers Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Friday) - The first 1,000 fans receive trading cards of Tiger players and coaches.
• Promotion (Saturday) - Young fans can stand on the field during the national anthem and run the bases after the game.
• Promotion (Sunday) - The first 500 fans receive a free Clemson watch on the first day of daylight saving time.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 111-109-3 (1902-20)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 48-26-1 (1904-2016)
• Friday - RHP Xzavion Curry (GAT) vs. LHP Jacob Hennessy (CU)
• Saturday - LHP Brant Hurter (GAT) vs. RHP Brooks Crawford (CU)
• Sunday - LHP Connor Thomas (GAT) vs. LHP Jake Higginbotham (CU)
• Clemson won both its midweek games, a 6-3 home win over Wofford and a 9-7 win over Michigan State at Greenville, S.C.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.8 runs per game and hitting .261 with a .401 on-base percentage and seven steals.
• The pitching staff has a 2.96 ERA, .228 opponents’ batting average and 2.52 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .978.
GEORGIA TECH OVERVIEW
• Georgia Tech is led by 25th-year head coach Danny Hall.|
• The Yellow Jackets won at Georgia State 12-6 on Wednesday. They are hitting .333 and have a 3.55 ERA and .966 fielding percentage.
• Chase Murray is hitting .458 with two homers and 11 RBIs, while Tristin English is batting .327 with three homers and 15 RBIs.
• Clemson and Georgia Tech have played at least one game every year since 1974.
• The opponent has outhit the Tigers in eight games in 2018. Clemson is 7-1 in those eight games.
• Seth Beer (RF), Logan Davidson (SS) and Kyle Wilkie (C) are the only Tigers to start every game at the same position in 2018.
CROMWELL GETTING ON BASE
• Senior Patrick Cromwell has emerged as one of Clemson's top offensive threats in 2018.
• He is hitting a team-high .350 with two homers, two doubles, nine RBIs, 14 runs and a team-high .526 on-base percentage in 13 games.
• He has 19 putouts and 17 assists without committing an error.
• He hit the game-tying, solo homer in the ninth against Winthrop on Feb. 27, a game the Tigers went on to win.
• In his career, he is hitting .257 with two doubles, four homers, 14 RBIs, a .401 on-base percentage and a steal in 46 games (33 starts).