CLEMSON, S.C. – The Clemson volleyball team (4-5) hosts the annual Clemson Challenge Friday and Saturday (Sept. 15-16), marking the final tournament for the Tigers this season. The two-day tournament features in-state rival South Carolina (5-4), the Sun Belt’s Georgia Southern (2-4) and the Big 12’s Texas Tech (8-1).
The Tigers take on the Red Raiders Friday, Sept. 15 in Jervey Gym. On Saturday, Clemson takes the hardwood against Georgia Southern at 12:30 p.m. and South Carolina at 7 p.m.
Friday’s match against Texas Tech and Saturday’s nightcap versus South Carolina will stream on ACC Network Extra.
Clemson is 0-2 all-time against Texas Tech with the last meeting coming in 2003. The Tigers are a perfect 3-0 against the Eagles, dating back to 1990. Against South Carolina, Clemson is 24-36, dating back to 1977.
Live stats for the Clemson Challenge can be accessed via clemsontigers.com.
Admission is free for all 2017 home Clemson volleyball matches. For complete coverage of the Tiger volleyball team, follow @ClemsonVB on Twitter and Instagram, @ClemsonVolleyball on Facebook and ClemsonVBall on Snapchat.
- The Tigers are coming off an 0-2 weekend from the Auburn Invitational … Clemson fell 3-0 (21-25, 20-25, 20-25) to South Alabama on Friday and 3-0 to Auburn Saturday (19-25, 18-25, 20-25).
- Sophomore transfer Kaylin Korte was named to the All-Tournament Team at the Auburn Invitational … For the tournament, Korte averaged 3.17 kills per set and 2.33 digs per set.
- The Tigers are 2-4 in three-set matches, 1-1 in four-set matches and 1-0 in five-set matches.
- Clemson is 3-1 in matches when winning the first set.
- Junior transfer Caroline Pearson ranks fifth in the ACC in assists per set (10.21) … Pearson recorded her first double-double as a Tiger against Auburn Saturday after grabbing 34 assists and 10 digs in just three sets.
- Junior middle blocker Megan McGinley ranks eighth in the ACC in service aces per set (0.39).
- Freshman libero Madi Howell ranks 10th in the ACC in digs per set (3.74) … Howell posted a career-high and team season-high 19 digs, in just three sets, against South Alabama Saturday … She followed up her career performance with 18 digs the next day against Auburn.
- Freshman right-side hitter Alyssa Deloney claimed her first career block solo in against Auburn Saturday … Deloney also tied her career high with four total blocks against Auburn.
- Sophomore setter Lisie Kit posted back-to-back matches with a career-high 11 assists against Yale and South Alabama, respectively.
- Up next, Clemson opens ACC play against Georgia Tech Friday, Sept. 22 in Jervey Gym at 7 p.m. The match will stream on ACC Network Extra.