Who: Clemson Tigers (11-5, 0-3 ACC) at Wake Forest Demon Deacons (9-6, 0-2 ACC)
When: Thursday, Jan. 12 at 7p.m.
Where: Lawrence Joel Coliseum, Winston-Salem, N.C.
TV: ACC Network Extra (http://es.pn/2hW8juW)
Radio: WCCP, William Qualkinbush & Kelly Gramlich (http://bit.ly/1NT0HAo)
Live Stats: WakeForestSports.com (http://bit.ly/2j2okAs)
Follow: Twitter & Instagram @ClemsonWBB
- Clemson (11-5, 0-3 ACC) is coming off of a 78-69 loss to No. 18/18 Virginia Tech at Littlejohn Coliseum on Sunday, Jan. 8. Sophomore Danielle Edwards had a game-high 18 points and was one of five Tigers in double figures in scoring.
- Junior Nelly Perry leads Clemson in scoring (14.5 ppg), assists (3.4 apg) and minutes played (31.5 mpg). Perry’s scoring average is ranked in a tie for 11th among Atlantic Coast Conference players.
- Sophomore Aliyah Collier leads the team in rebounding (7.5 rpg) and is second in scoring at 11.1 ppg. Collier is shooting .587 (61-for-104) from field goal range, a figure that is sixth among conference players. Her rebounding numbers are also among the best in the ACC, as she ranks eighth in rebounds per game (7.5) and 10th in defensive rebounds per game (4.9).
- Edwards has started all 16 games for the Tigers at the point guard position and is third on the team in scoring at 10.4 ppg. She leads the team in steals (2.3 spg), a figure which is tied for ninth in the ACC. Edwards’ .833 free throw percentage (45-for-54) is sixth in the conference.
- Junior Ivy Atkism has started all 16 games at the post position for the Tigers, and is coming off a career-best 12-point-performance against Virginia Tech on Jan. 8. Atkism was 6-for-10 from field goal range and also pulled down seven rebounds in the contest.
- The Tigers finished nonconference play with an 11-2 record, the program’s best non-conference record since the 2003-04 season.
- Before falling to No. 25 Oregon on Dec. 12, Clemson won its first eight games of the season, the program’s best start since the 1998-99 season.
- Clemson has a 49-21 all-time advantage in the series against Wake Forest.
- The last meeting between the two teams was a 55-45 Demon Deacon victory on Feb. 11, 2016 in Clemson’s Jervey Gym. Victoria Cardaci (12) and Sirah Diarra (11) were both in double figures, while Aliyah Collier recorded her career-best 17 rebounds in the contest.