FAR HILLS, N.J. - Freshman golfer Ashlan Ramsey has been named to the 2014 USA Curtis Cup Team, the United States Golf Association (USCA) announced today. The eight-player team will represent the USA in the 2014 Curtis Cup Match, held June 6-8 at St. Louis (Mo.) Country Club.
The Curtis Cup Match is a biennial international women's amateur golf competition between eight-player teams from the United States of America and Great Britain and Ireland. Six-time USGA champion and two-time USA Curtis Cup Team member Ellen Port will serve as captain of the USA Team for the 38th Match.
Ramsey wasrunner-up at the 2012 U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links Championship and won three important events in summer 2013, including the Women's Eastern and Women's Western championships. She earned two victories during her first fall season at Clemson.
She's averaging under 72 strokes per round this season, and has finished in the top 10 in five of her seven collegiate events. She's posted four tournament totals under par, and she's finished 12 of 20 rounds in red numbers.
The Tigers return to action Mar. 24 at the Briar's Creek Invitational at Johns Island, S.C.
2014 USA Curtis Cup Team
- Kyung Kim, 19, of Chandler, Ariz. (University of Southern California)
- Alison Lee, 19, of Valencia, Calif. (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Erynne Lee, 21, of Silverdale, Wash. (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Ally McDonald, 21, of Fulton, Miss. (Mississippi State University)
- Annie Park, 18, of Levittown, N.Y. (University of Southern California)
- Ashlan Ramsey, 18, of Milledgeville, Ga. (Clemson University)
- Mariah Stackhouse, 19, of Riverdale, Ga. (Stanford University)
- Emma Talley, 19, of Princeton, Ky. (University of Alabama)