Tigers to Host Pittsburgh Saturday in Final Regular Season Game
CLEMSON (19-10, 10-7 ACC) vs. PITTSBURGH (22-8, 10-7 ACC)
Tipoff: March 8 (4 p.m.)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACC Network (Tim Brant-pbp; Dave Odom-color)
- Clemson is in search of a school-record 11th ACC win Saturday against Pittsburgh. Three previous teams finished with 10 regular season wins (two in 14-game seasons and one in a 16-game season), while this year's squad achieved the mark last time out with a 58-54 victory over Miami.
- The Tigers' five-win ACC improvement from last season is tied for the second-best jump in conference wins in school history.
CU Series W-L record: Pittsburgh leads 2-0
Streak: Pittsburgh has won both meetings
- Clemson looks to avenge an earlier meeting with Pittsburgh, a game the Panthers won handily at Petersen Events Center, 76-43.
- The Tiger program has had just 12 teams in its entire history win at least 20 games in a season. Saturday, Clemson's current team has a chance to make it 13 with a victory over Pitt.
- A Clemson win would guarantee the Tigers the No. 5 seed in next week's ACC Tournament in Greensboro.
- Saturday would ordinarily be a Senior Day celebration at Littlejohn Coliseum. But for the first time since 1996, Clemson does not have a senior on its roster.
- Clemson celebrates its Alumni Reunion Weekend on Saturday. Nearly 80 former players, managers and coaches are expected to return to Clemson.
- The Tigers have won four of their past five games entering Saturday. During that stretch, junior guard Damarcus Harrison has solidified a starting spot by averaging 13.2 points per game and converting 11-of-23 three-pointers.
- K.J. McDaniels needs nine points Saturday to reach 500 for the season.