@ClemsonWBB Closes Regular Season at Virginia Tech Thursday
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
Who: CLEMSON TIGERS (12-17, 4-11 ACC) at VIRGINIA TECH HOKIES (13-14, 3-11 ACC)
When: Thursday, Feb. 27 at 7 pm
Where: Blacksburg, VA (Cassell Coliseum)
Watch: HokieSports.com ($)
Listen: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Don Munson, Dory Kidd) & Clemson Tigers Official App
Next Game: ACC Tournament First Round; March 5; Greensboro, NC; Time TBA
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team closes the 2013-14 regular season at Virginia Tech (13-14, 3-11 ACC) on Thursday at 7 p.m. in Blacksburg, VA. The Tigers (12-17, 4-11 ACC) have won three in a row over the Hokies, including a sweep last season.
The game is important in terms of ACC Tournament seeding, which will be released on Sunday afternoon following the remainder of league games.
The contest will be broadcast on the Clemson Tigers Sports Network on the radio and Official App, and fans can also follow live stats or @ClemsonWBB on twitter for updates throughout the contest. HokieSports.com will also air the game by video for a fee.
Clemson leads the all-time series, 8-7, against the Hokies, and has won two in a row in Blacksburg. A win Thursday would be Clemson’s fifth road victory, just the second time in ten years reaching that figure.
Notes in 140 characters or less:
- Clemson has won 3 in a row over VT, its longest active streak vs. ACC team
- The Tigers are the only team to close their 16-game ACC schedule today
- Clemson is 10-2 this season when leading at half, and 12-3 with higher FG% (Led at half, shot higher % @ SYR, v. NCST)
- Offense has shot .400 or higher in 9 of 15 ACC games, incl. 6 of last 10
- Five diff. Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT, CD)
- Eight different Tigers have started 10 or more games this season
- Nikki Dixon has scored in double-figures in 14 of last 18 gms (11 of 15 ACC)
- Dixon ranks 18th in CU history w/ 1091 pts
- Chancie Dunn avging 11.2 ppg over last 5 gms, incl. 22 pts (10-18 fg) vs BC
- Kelly Gramlich ranks Top-10 in CU history with 1.44 3FGM/gm (5th), 125 3pters made (9th), 373 3pters ATT (9th)
- Quinyotta Pettaway has dbl-figures in 8 of last 10 games; 11X this season
- C. Lindsay ranks 4th in ACC at 34.2 mins/game; 4th in ACC play w/ 4.2 apg