@ClemsonWBB Closes 2013-14 Home Slate Against FSU Sunday
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
Who: CLEMSON TIGERS (12-16, 4-10 ACC) vs. FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES (17-9, 5-8 ACC)
When: Sunday, Feb. 22 at 2 pm
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, SC
Watch: CSS (Don Munson, Robin Muller)
Listen: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Tim Bourret, Dory Kidd) and Clemson Tigers Official App
Next Game: Clemson at Virginia Tech (Blacksburg, VA); Sun., Feb. 23, 2 pm
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will honor seniors Quinyotta Pettaway and Chancie Dunn against Florida State (17-9, 5-8 ACC) in Littlejohn Coliseum at 2 p.m. on Sunday. The contest will bring to a close the 2013-14 home schedule for the Tigers (12-16, 4-10 ACC).
The game will be broadcast on the Clemson Tiger Sports Network on the radio and will be televised by CSS. In-game updates are available on the program’s official Twitter and Instagram accounts, as well as the official app.
The game has been tabbed as Sorority night, with $1300 up for grabs toward sorority philanthropy.
Clemson is 24-21 all-time against the Seminoles, but has lost nine in a row in the series, with the most recent win coming in 2008.
Quinyotta Pettaway ranks 10th in Clemson history with 648 career rebounds, and ninth in school history with 106 blocked shots. Pettaway also has 820 career points, and has scored in double-figures 42 times in her career, also totaling 14 double-doubles.
Dunn, who is coming off a career-high 22 points, has appeared in 106 games (51 starts), scoring 537 points, and totaling 278 rebounds, 245 assists, 106 steals and 47 blocks.
Notes (In 140 Characters or Less):
- Clemson will honor seniors Quinyotta Pettaway & Chancie Dunn in pregame
- Tigers looking to secure .500 home record with a win (7-8)
- Clemson is 10-2 this season when leading at half, and 12-3 with higher FG% (Led at half, shot higher % @ SYR, v. NCST)
- Offense has shot .400 or higher in 9 of 14 ACC games, incl. 6 of last 9
- Five diff. Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT, CD)
- Eight different Tigers have started 10 or more games this season
- Clemson just 5-21 over last 3 games from 3FG; Oppts. are 25-62 (.403)
- Nikki Dixon has scored in double-figures in 14 of last 17 gms (11 of 14 ACC)
- Dixon ranks 19th in CU history w/ 1087 pts; Needs just 2 for 18th
- Chancie Dunn coming off career-high 22 pts (10-18 fg) vs BC
- Kelly Gramlich ranks Top-10 in CU history with 1.42 3FGM/gm (5th), 122 3pters made (9th), 366 3pters ATT (9th)
- Quinyotta Pettaway has dbl-figures in 6 of last 8 games; 10X this season
- C. Lindsay ranks 4th in ACC at 34.4 mins/game; 4th in ACC play w/ 4.2 apg
- Clemson signed six players in the early period: Ivy Atkism (6-2 Post, Monroe, GA), Alexis Carter (5-7 PG, Tigard, OR), Shelbie Davenport (6-0 Wing, Murfreesboro, TN), Makayla Johnson (6-3 Post, Columbia, SC), Daneesha Provo (5-11 Wing, Dartmouth Nova Scotia), and Justice Wright (6-4 Post, Warner Robins, GA).