• Who - Maine (1-2) at Clemson (2-1)
• Rankings - MAI - NR; CU - #13 BA, #20 CB, #16 USA
• Where - Clemson, SC (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• When - Friday (4 PM), Saturday (2 PM), Sunday (12 PM)
• Watch - ESPN3 (Friday, Saturday), TigerCast (Sunday)
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (104.9 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Sunday) #1 - Get a Family Four Pack of tickets for $20 HERE or at the gate.
• Promotion (Sunday) #2 - Social Media Sunday. Show voucher at @ClemsonBaseball on Twitter/Instagram and receive $2 fried mac & cheese bites.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 16-1 (1991-12)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 15-1 (1996-12)
• Maine is led by ninth-year Head Coach Steve Trimper.
• The Black Bears won one of three games at Miami (FL) last weekend.
• Troy Black leads the team with a .545 batting average (6-for-11), two RBIs, and two stolen bases.
• Clemson defeated Eastern Michigan (5-3, 9-7) in the final two games of last weekend's series after falling in game-one (6-5 in 10 innings).
• The Tigers average 6.3 runs per game and hit .284 with a .383 on-base percentage and 10 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.86 ERA, .275 opponents' batting average, 6.75 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and .977 fielding percentage.
• Clemson has put its leadoff battter on base 13 times in 26 opportunities this season.
• Red-shirt freshman Andrew Cox has made an immediate impact, going 4-for-9 (.444) with a .615 on-base percentage and two steals.
• Clemson's lefties (Zack Erwin, Matthew Crownover) have allowed just one earned run and no walks with 13 strikeouts in 9.0 innings pitched.
• Clemson averages 5,145 fans per date in 2014, the sixth-highest figure in the nation (through games of February 16).
• Clemson has had a top-20 national figure in average attendance 20 straight seasons and a top-10 figure 12 years in a row (entering 2014).
HEAD COACH JACK LEGGETT BY THE NUMBERS
• In his 35th overall year, he has 1,266 wins, 11th in Division I history (10th place (Ron Fraser) has 1,267) and fifth among active coaches.
LEGGETT FACES ALMA MATER
• Head Coach Jack Leggett was an all-star performer in baseball and football at Maine (1973-76), Clemson's opponent this weekend.
• He captained the 1976 Maine team that played in the College World Series, which also featured Clemson. The two teams did not play in Omaha.
• He was a two-time All-Yankee Conference defensive back and placekicker. He still holds the school record for the longest field goal (52).
• Leggett graduated from Maine in 1976 with a degree in physical education and minor in history.
• As a head coach, he has an 18-18 career record (2-13 at Vermont, 1-4 at Western Carolina, and 15-1 at Clemson) against his alma mater.
CROWNOVER SPEEDS UP
• Sophomore lefthander Matthew Crownover had "Tommy John" surgery in March of 2012, therefore he was not 100 percent as a freshman in 2013.
• His fastball has sped up in 2014, as evidenced by his nine strikeouts in 5.0 innings pitched against Eastern Michigan on February 15.
• He has an 8-3 career record and 2.16 ERA along with 54 strikeouts against 17 walks in 75.0 innings pitched over 16 outings (15 starts).