Clemson to Host Georgia Tech Tuesday at 8 PM
CLEMSON (14-6, 5-3 ACC) vs. GEORGIA TECH (12-10, 3-6 ACC)
Tipoff: 8:05 p.m.
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACC Network (Tim Brando-pbp; Dave Odom-color)
- Clemson and Georgia Tech both enter Tuesday's tilt coming off of ACC road wins; the Tigers beat Florida State, 53-49, while the Yellow Jackets topped Wake Forest, 79-70.
- Clemson has won three road games for only the ninth time in 61 seasons as a member of the ACC.
- The Tigers have enjoyed recent success in the rivalry with Tech; Clemson has won eight straight at home over the Yellow Jackets.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 63-59
Streak: Clemson has won the last seven meetings
- Clemson is looking for its 500th win in Littlejohn Coliseum on Tuesday. The facility opened on Nov. 30, 1968 when the Tigers beat Georgia Tech, 76-72.
- The Tigers have overcome three halftime deficits to achieve victory this season, the most since the 2008-09 team did it on four occasions. Clemson has accomplished the feat in wins over Temple, Duke and Florida State.
- Junior forward K.J. McDaniels is the ONLY player in the nation leading his team in scoring, rebounding, blocks, steals and three-pointers.
- McDaniels is one of two players under Head Coach Brad Brownell (Tanner Smith is the other) to have more than one 20-point game on the road.
- McDaniels was Clemson's only scorer in double figures (15 points) in last season's 63-60 home win over Georgia Tech.
- Jaron Blossomgame is coming off his second double figure game in the ACC, a 10-point second half that helped lead the Tigers to a win at Florida State.
- Blossomgame was on the same AAU U17 Georgia Stars team as Yellow Jacket players Marcus Georges-Hunt and Chris Bolden.