CLEMSON, SC - #24 Clemson won its seventh match of the season with a 7-0 victory over Winthrop in a men’s intercollegiate tennis match at Clemson, SC Sunday. With the win, Clemson is now 7-1 on the year, while Winthrop falls to 1-2 this season. The Tigers are ranked 24th nationally as a team in the latest Intercollegiate Tennis Association poll.
Hunter Harrington won his 11th singles match of the season when he defeated Winthrop’s Yuta Hirokawa 6-2, 6-3. The Tigers’ Alejandro Augusto won his seventh match of the year when he defeated Steven Patrick 6-3, 6-4.
The Tigers’ number-one doubles team of Harrington and Dom Maden won their 10th match in 2014 when the Clemson duo defeated Dylan Comerford and Peter Nagovnak 6-2.
Clemson is playing Anderson University today (Sunday) at 4:00 p.m.
Clemson 7, Winthrop 0
1. Hunter Harrington (CU) d. Yuta Hirokawa (W) 6-2, 6-3
2. Alejandro Augusto (CU) d. Steven Patrick (W) 6-3, 6-4
3. Austin Ansari (CU) d. Dylan Comerford (W) 6-3, 6-4
4. Luke Johnson (CU) Juan Pablo Boada (W) 6-5 (5) 6-3
5. Fernando Sala (CU) Tremayne Mitchell (W) 6-3, 6-0
6. Brent Lett (CU) Peter Nagovnak (W) 6-1, 6-1