@ClemsonWBB to Play Georgia Tech in Atlanta Thursday
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
Who: CLEMSON TIGERS (10-11, 2-5 ACC) at GEORGIA TECH YELLOW JACKETS (13-7, 3-4 ACC)
When: Thursday, Jan. 30 at 7 pm
Where: Atlanta, GA (McCamish Pavilion)
Watch: Not Available
Listen: Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Don Munson, Dory Kidd) & Clemson Tigers Official App
Next Game: Clemson at Virginia, Sun., Feb. 2, Charlottesville, VA
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team will travel into Atlanta on Thursday morning for a Thursday night contest at Georgia Tech (13-7, 3-4 ACC) in McCamish Pavilion that tips at 7 p.m. The Tigers (10-11, 2-5 ACC), who usually go into the opponent’s city the night before, changed travel plans due to the weather in the Atlanta area. Alpharetta-native Nikki Dixon will go for her 1,000th career point in the contest in front of her friends and family, as she enters with 996 career points.
The contest will be broadcast on the Clemson Tigers Sports Network on the radio and Official App, and fans can also follow live stats or @ClemsonWBB on twitter for updates throughout the contest.
The Tigers enter off a 60-52 win over Miami on Sunday in which the Clemson defense held the Hurricanes to .258 shooting in the game. Dixon scored 16 of her 19 points in the second half, and Quinyotta Pettaway registered her 14th career double-double in the game.
Georgia Tech topped Clemson on Jan. 8, 89-68, behind 51 combined points from Ty Marshall and Kaela Davis. Dixon scored a then-career-high 26 points in the game, while Charmaine Tay added 20, but Tech shot .552 as a team in the contest. Clemson holds a 42-29 all-time lead in the series, but has lost nine in a row.
Notes (in 140 characters or less):
- Clemson finished with winning rec. in non-conf. for 1st time since 2009-10
- 9-1 this season when leading at half, and 10-1 with higher FG% (Led at half, shot higher % at Syracuse)
- Offense has shot .420 or higher in 5 of 7 ACC games, incl. last 2
- Clemson drew 5 charges vs. WFU (2 - Dixon, 2 - Jamison-Myers, 1 - Tay)
- Tigers are 7th in the ACC with just 15.3 turnovers per game
- Four Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT)
- Nikki Dixon has scored 19+ points 8 of last 9 gms (6 of 7 ACC)
- Dixon is 4th in the ACC at 20.0 ppg in ACC Play; Needs 4 pts for 1,000
- Nyilah Jamison-Myers has scored 31 points over last 3 gms, (12-20 fg)
- Kelly Gramlich has hit 3+ 3FG in 7 games this yr, incl. 8 vs. SCST
- Quinyotta Pettaway is 12th on CU’s all-time rebounding list with 615, 9th on all-time blocks list with 101
- Chelsea Lindsay ranks 3rd in ACC at 34.1 mins/game; has 1.51 ast:to rat., avg. 5.0 apg in ACC play (3rd)
- C. Tay has 20+ pts twice this season, 2nd on team w/ 9.4 ppg, 5.8 rpg