Clemson to Celebrate Military Appreciation Day Saturday
Clemson will celebrate Military Appreciation Day on Saturday when the Tiger men's basketball team hosts Wake Forest at Littlejohn Coliseum at 4 PM. Clemson University has a rich military heritage and annually hosts a Military Appreciation game in football, basketball and baseball. Members of the military, past and present, will be recognized during pregame and halftime, as well as throughout the game.
A special $10 ticket is available for Veterans and Active Duty military members and their immediate family while tickets are still available.
Below is a full schedule of events:
- STEM Asset Experience display will be set up just outside the IPTAY Office. Fans can stop by from 2-4 PM to take part in the experience.
- Recognition of Clemson Cadets who have won awards and who are preparing to serve in our Armed Forces
- National Anthem to be performed by two cadets from Seneca High School
- The Colors will be presented by Clemson University Pershing Rifles
- Clemson ROTC Cadets will present a large American Flag on the court during the National Anthem
- Throughout the game Clemson Student Veterans will be introduced to the crowd
- Special military postcards will be available for fans to send a message to our armed forces serving overseas
- Introduction of Wounded Warriors in attendance
- Introduction of four former POWs
- There are two new inductees into the scroll of honor and their stories will be told
- Tiger Band will play the Armed Forces Medley while Berea High School ROTC presents the flags from each branch of service
- The Clemson Corps will present a check to the ROTC programs
To order tickets for Saturday's game, please call 1-800-CLEMSON or visit the box office, which opens at 3 PM on gameday.