@ClemsonWBB Plays at No. 9 North Carolina Thursday
By: Clemson Athletic Communications
Who: CLEMSON TIGERS (9-8, 1-2 ACC) at #9/9 NORTH CAROLINA TAR HEELS (14-3, 2-1 ACC))
When: Thursday, Jan. 16 at 6:00 pm
Where: Chapel Hill, NC (Carmichael Auditorium)
Listen: WCCP 104.9 FM (Don Munson, Dory Kidd) & Clemson Tigers Official App
Next Game: Clemson vs. Wake Forest, Mon., Jan. 20, Littlejohn Coliseum, TV: RSN
CLEMSON, SC - The Clemson women’s basketball team travels to No. 9/9 North Carolina for a 6 p.m. matchup in Chapel Hill on Thursday. Clemson (9-8, 1-2 ACC) is looking to even its ACC record against the high-scoring Tar Heels (14-3, 2-1 ACC). Clemson defeated North Carolina in its last trip to Chapel Hill on Jan. 12, 2012 (recap).
The contest will be broadcast on WCCP 104.9 FM in the upstate, and will be broadcast online at ESPN3. Fans can also follow live stats or @ClemsonWBB on twitter for in-game updates throughout the contest.
The Tigers enter off a 77-67 win against Pittsburgh, the first ACC win for Audra Smith as a head coach. Junior Nikki Dixon made headlines by registering a career-high 29 points and 11 rebounds, contributing to her ACC Player of the Week honors. She leads the Tigers at 12.4 points per game on the season, and has scored 20 or more in four of her last five games.
Clemson is shooting the ball well of late, hitting .411 or higher in six of the last seven games. Kelly Gramlich, who ranks in the top five in the ACC in three-pointers made and three-point percentage (.419) has been able to stretch out opposing defenses.
North Carolina holds a 52-27 series advantage all-time, and won by seven in Littlejohn last season.
Notes (in 140 characters or less):
- Tigers looking for 2nd straight win in Carmichael (won, 52-47 in 2011-12)
- Clemson finished with winning rec. in non-conf. for 1st time since 2009-10
- Clemson held #2 Notre Dame to 17.9 ppg below their season average
- 8-0 this season when leading at half, and 9-0 with higher FG%
- 47-pt margin of victory @ NJIT was 5th-best in school history on road
- Tigers are 5th in the ACC with just 14.8 turnovers per game
- Four different Tigers have scored 20+ in a game this season (KG, ND, QP, CT)
- Clemson has shot .411 or higher in 6 of last 7 games
- Tigers lead ACC with .440 3FG% in ACC play through 3 games
- ACC Player of the Week Nikki Dixon has scored 20+ points 4 of last 5 games
- Dixon is 5th in the ACC at 20.0 ppg in ACC Play
- Kelly Gramlich has hit 3+ 3FG in 7 games this yr, incl. 8 vs. SCST
- Quinyotta Pettaway is 12th on CU’s all-time rebounding list with 598
- Chelsea Lindsay ranks 3rd in ACC at 33.6 mins/game; has 1.55 ast:to rat.
- C. Tay has 20+ pts twice this season, 2nd on team w/ 9.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg